• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Tips for a Landlubber?

Jonhan

Landlubber
Greetings friends!

I have AoP2: Gentlemen of Fortune installed here, and thank you for the awesome work! But i need a little help here.

I am finding very difficult to stay afloat in the sea, and need a few tips to survive. My main problem is no matter which nation i choose as soon i exit my safe and dear land, there is always some pirates yelling:YAAARRRRHHHhhh FREE LOoooTTttt!!! from very far and coming very quickly in my direction. I usually i can't "out run" them and so we start to fight.

Trying to sink them is hopeless, as my starting ship have only two cannons each side and the enemy usually have 8 to 12, the best i have done was load up a lot of ammunition and powder and try to fight'em as i can't "out rum" but after a very long battle on 6x speed and running out of ammo i was only able to put their "hull health" to 75%.

So unable to "out run" and unable to fight all that remains was boarding, at first i got owned but after reading a guide to get in a corner and fight all the crew alone i was able to start winning... The problem is that it fell too much like "cheating" and non-historical.

One last question: Is normal starting as pirate to be attacked by other pirates? They seen to ignore my black flag and act like i am from any other nation.

So my friends, which steps should i follow to start exploring those seas and finally leave the land?

Thank you again and sorry for my english.

Everyone has their own system, but I turn back to port and let the fort soften them up, then move in and attack.

Back