• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

To many weapons!

Then what do we do? Just leave the code hanging? That way the problem will never be solved!
Maybe we can leave the troubly UNIQUE code alone, and just focus on the: naval ship matching crew weapons, etc.

I don't have issue with this- since i rarely take any swords from dead bodies- i collected all swords let blacksmith to make them all excellent and now i don't need any more weapons so i leave them be :ixi - in boardings I take only money or usually only cargo don't bother to look all bodies or lockers :cheeky ......

Besides I guess even navy ships had variety of different swords aboard anyway and this periodthing -if ever finished, is also answer to this........

The sword is automaticly goes into your inventory, and if this is disabled than you will lose alot of good stuff.
Plus, bodies now carry a very lot of money!

Morgan I wrote it in the post above ( everybody are sleepy today HAHA )
The auto loot is very efective and you can get UNIQUE swords that way, money guns and ammo!

then write your sentences properly. having to guess half of what you mean is not exactly practical.

turning autoloot off does not make you miss out on any weapons at all from what i've seen. and like i said, it would completely avoid your problem with getting loads of swords, simply by not picking them up. want a sword or ammo? go get it. don't want them? don't go get it then. however, i do agree that there is a disproportionate amount of money to be had from killing enemies ever since they got really valuable swords. their value was raised for the sake of realism, but it had a bad effect of how quickly the player could get rich due to the expensive swords being quite common. most of the really expensive ones aren't common though.

also, since you seem to be unaware of this fact as well: mods happen here because people want to make them. modders have their own priorities set, so although it's possible that your idea will be made sometime in the future, you shouldn't assume that they'll give yours any priority unless it's a fairly small thing, or a highly popular idea. or if you make it yourself. you've already seen that we're kinda low on people. naval swords would seem to me something that'll come after the period weapons at the soonest.

First, I wrote my sentence very clearly, and i'm sorry if I have an error or two, though it shouldn't matter because this is an international forum.

Secondly, as you can see, alot of people agree with my idea, and try to think of how to make it possible, and I didn't say somthing like "go do that. I want this." I said that I could do it given a short brief. As you can see I am a modder to, and I am not currently working on it not because I don't want to, but because I don't know how and appearently, I am not the only one.
I am
aware of this fact as well
, that
mods happen here because people want to make them
as I said, and I do want to make this mod.
I'm not trying to make it the top priority, just wanted to see if people feel the same way as I do, and if the mod is possible.

I want to make this mod as well; it's one of the main things that has been bothering me for quite some time now.
Maybe I'll even try at some point, though I am working at sea and have limited time and it might also be beyond my coding knowledge.
Though if I do this, I definitely will take the "unique" issue into it as well.
Soldiers with shovels is weird and silly, but rare expensive blades showing up randomly early in the game really hurts the game as well.

Yep and having 4 of Jack Sparrows pistol from looting 2 finding 1 at a merchant shop and getting the last one legit is just plain annoying :modding

aware of this fact as well
, that
mods happen here because people want to make them
as I said, and I do want to make this mod.
I'm not trying to make it the top priority, just wanted to see if people feel the same way as I do, and if the mod is possible.
[/quote]

i'm afraid it wasn't that clear as you think. while i see what you meant now, your posts leave a bit too much open for interpretation rather than directly mention the subject. it never looked like you knew you could turn it off. but anyway, this topic is not about spelling, although it certainly helps.

i didn't see anyone flatout agree with you until after you mentioned that they agreed with you. but as long as there's support for the idea, fine by me. just out of interest, what did you mod, actually? it must have happened while i was away last year. i often don't see the work of the less active members.

I was away for a year to. I started last summer and stopped in the begining of the school year. I helped with the Hornblower story and modded a more complex nations reward system.

i see. have you looked into the issue that players sometimes can't find the lifeboat when exiting the fort when still held prisoner? you know, when you go out to save a ship in the middle of a storm. you're supposed to walk onto a beach and leave that beach towards another beach to the right, where the lifeboat can be found, but it's not mentioned anywhere and is not that obvious. instead, some players like myself will use fast travel to get to the lifeboat if they can't find it at the first beach (where it's not even supposed to be located), which will cause bugs later on.

Took me awhile until I figured out you were talking about the Hornblower quest!
As you can see, no being clear about a subject is not on purpose or because lack of language skills.

About the quest, i'm not the modder of the Hornblower story, it's SJG. I just helped a little and was taught how to modd by SJG.
The lifeboat - If I recall correctly it says in the QB or in one of the conversations that the lifeboat is in the bay to the right. Oh, the crew comes from that beach and the dude in charge of the prison tells you to go to where your crew comes from.

pff. cheap shot.

ah, it's been fixed already. it's been a while ago since i mentioned that problem and haven't been able to check up on it.

The reward ships are still buggy. Or at least the officers are. Methinks you were waiting to learn more when you left off.

what exactly happens with those reward ships? i do remember them being troublesome myself, but i don't remember what the problem was.

learning code can partially be done by looking into the game's files and trying to figure out how they work. that's how i learned what i can currently do. aside from that you could take a look into some C++ tutorials.

Here's the link to that thread. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/16529-nations-ranks-new-ideas/

The officers are buggy. The Portagee one won't set foot on land. The other ones do but sometimes they won't fight. And there are two of them. And you can't fire them. It is getting rare, but sometimes the ships get all messed up and you end up losing a ship or getting something really strange. If you think you might be getting a reward ship it is always a good idea to save just before entering the Governors mansion. But when it works you get a nice ship for free!

I'll look into that. About the learning ( being clear here Morgan dude.. ), I allways look into the files and slowly learn. I fixed alot of problems I had with the game myself.
Just have one annoying bug I can't get rid of, and no one else seems to know how to get it to piss off.

The variety of weapons is cool but it's getting really frustrating scrolling so much[/b], and i'm sure you feel the same way.

The variety(if not the balance/stats vs models etc) of weapons IS indeed cool :yes

Do you know about the 'quick-scroll' feature in the menu options? I didn't until recently. Instead of using the scroll left/right arrows, simply click on the picture icons(either to the left or right) and you will find the menu items zip by at a rate of knots! It's a great feature.

:onya

Edit: And i've added a note about 'quick scroll' to the begining of the 'Default Key Assignments.txt' on the ftp in my TEXT folder.

Back