• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

TOOL crashes

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I have just run into a new problem. TOOL has started locking up. It locks up the whole computer too, with no mouse or keyboard. The only way out is with a hard shutdown using the restart button.

Plus whatever GM I was working on gets corrupted and has to be replaced, meaning I have lost all work done to it. :modding Has anyone else run into this?

I'm dead in the water until I can find a solution.

Very strange; I've never seen that before. :?

Is this completely regardless of which GM file you open? Do you know which file you were working on when this first started?
Were you simply editing locators when it started locking up?
All I can suggest is to reinstall TOOL and see if that improves anything. Otherwise, I'm stumped. :shrug

It has done it twice so far. I'm working on the ropes of the 7Provincien. I might have found a clunky way around it. When working on mast2 it froze and was corrupted. Then when working on mast 2 again it froze again.

I then ran IoBit's smart Defrag2 and told it to do a defrag and full optimization. It optimized the mast 2 parts I was working on when TOOL locked up and when I restarted TOOL mast2 was fine. More crashes will give more info.

The problem I had recently as well. Check your hard drive. My hard drive was read on some of Custer no longer write. Do not rely on the test programs. The show only when it is too late.

If the hard drive more than 3 - 4 years not you think. Change it.

The hard drives are 4 1/2 years old but still test ok with no bad sectors. Methinks it was a lack of maintenance on my part. I went too long without a good defrag and optimization. TOOL seems to be working ok now after 2 deep runs with SmartDefrag2.

It probably is time to think about new hard drives, but the only ones I have ever lost were due to a very bad stealth virus, and I had to throw them away. I still have one hard drive that came with a computer I bought new in 1991.

Back