• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tutorial Tool to Create Ships Init Overview

Ok, so I'm currently working on integrating the "real names", which is actually kinda a bitch, 'cause the SName is not unique; so I still need the "Name" attribute...

Anywho, I've come across a possible error in "common.ini":
In the Ship_init.c are the following ships:
  • FR_Surprise (SName = RN_Surprise)
  • SP_Surprise (SName = FR_Surprise)
BUT the SName from the second ship (FR_Surprise) does not exist in "common.ini"!

So this has to bei either added to "common.ini" or the SName of the second ship must also be changed to "RN_Surprise"

Oops! That was probably me. :oops: Yes, the SName for "SP_Surprise" should be "RN_Surprise", which "common.ini" just translates to "Unité class Frigate" - it makes no distinction between British, French or Spanish versions.

I'm currently working on integrating the "real names", which is actually kinda a bitch, 'cause the SName is not unique
SName indeed isn't unique. That is on purpose as it is the "display type name".
Any truly unique identifiers are used internally, but never shown in the game itself as it is quite meaningless for players.

Indeed the refShip.Name and refShip.ID are unique.
If you set DEBUG = true at the bottom of PROGRAM\globals.c and ENABLE_CHEATMODE to 1 at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h,
then the Select Storyline ship selection interface shows ALL ships and shows their IDs instead of (or in addition to?) their SName.
This is primarily for modding purposes.

Ok, I've added the real ingame name... man this was a bitch; I had to/needed/wanted change "a little bit of code", which resulted in several hours :-\
I just hope everything still works :D

Ehm... you click one ship (blueish tilt) and another (....) and you click "compare" in the lower right menu
This little floating box is unobtrusive, so that it doesn't hinder one / cover too lot of the page.
And I chose this to add the compare, so that one don't have to scroll to the top when adding ships.

Oh and sorry to be so nick-picky, but I've just installed the newest version and there is 1 semicolon still missing :p
Ships_init.c - Line 17840

:drunk

Have to remember to add that when I'm on my PC again!

EDIT: Done now on my side. Thanks for catching! :cheers

Last edited:
Ok, I've uploaded a new version.

I've not only made a new comparison menu, but also made it possible to save this comparison!

I've always hated that I needed to search for the best ships over and over again, when I restarted my PC. Now one only needs to save the provided URL and you can then paste this in the browser, after which you'll be asked if you want to sort the provided ships -> this even works over multiple selected files (eg. Default, Mod4.1 and so on!!)
You will then see the comparison (with one caveat: this time all columns are displayed, as it's not feasable to save this data too: an get-string gets too long way too quickly^^).

cheers!

Last edited:
I don't seem to be able to get this to work, could I ask for help? I tried clicking the weblink, but it doesn't open for me, and downloading the file I couldn't find any program in there.

I think I'm just ignorant of how to make a webapp work, I am pretty terrible at computer stuff. ;)

Could someone either post an excel sheet of the current ship stats in the recent beta, or give me advice on how to make it myself with the program? I'd like to do some comparisons.

Thank you!

Back