• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Tortuga Fast Travel Command

A.H

Privateer
Reminder for the issue of fast walk in the town of Guadalupe while being under the effect of a certain quest:

Different thing; with the log message, it means there is something quest-worthy in the location.
Probably caused by the Moulin sidequest. Make a Bug Tracker Entry for that so that I'll remember to set that one to be ignored by the Fast Travel code.
I've done that before with the Tortuga Atmosphere one and should be quite easy.

In speaking of fast walk, Tortuga also has been an issue for me in the tavern.. eversince I started playing new horizons..

When I'm a pirate, I can talk to that red shirt lady and she can join me.
If I'm not pirate, she immediately attacks me when I speak with her and she has 1000+ hitpoints.

On the contrary, with respect to fast walk.. while she is walking around, I can't fast travel anywhere except my own ship deck.
If I try to go shipyard, store, port, etc. it says "Something's about to happen" on top left dialog.. whether I have any type of quest running or not.

Has anyone mentioned to you this issue before?

When I'm a pirate, I can talk to that red shirt lady and she can join me.
If I'm not pirate, she immediately attacks me when I speak with her and she has 1000+ hitpoints.
Not a Bug. :no

On the contrary, with respect to fast walk.. while she is walking around, I can't fast travel anywhere except my own ship deck.
If I try to go shipyard, store, port, etc. it says "Something's about to happen" on top left dialog.. whether I have any type of quest running or not.
When that pirate is with you? There must be some quest-stuff related to her then.
That might need checking if that is the case.

No i mean generally.. eversince i began playing this mod, I can never fast travel outside of Tortuga tavern.. i'm pretty sure it has something to do with that red shirt pirate girl.

But I remember as a pirate, when she was with me, this wasn't a problem.. it only is when you randomly go tavern, hire officer, sleep there, or whatever.. as long as you don't speak to her.. this issue of fast travel being inaccessible is present

Ps. don't know if it's related but i just received a new error file.. haven't had one since last night. I have to learn how to read those codes :p

Attachments

• error.log
    990 bytes · Views: 128
No i mean generally.. eversince i began playing this mod, I can never fast travel outside of Tortuga tavern.. i'm pretty sure it has something to do with that red shirt pirate girl.
Wait.... So Fast Travel works fine in Tortuga but NOT from inside the tavern to anywhere else.
So OUTSIDE the tavern it is OK?

Yes outside tavern is perfect.. in tavern is the only issue.. you can only transport to your ship deck .. apart from that you must leave tavern manually then you can fast walk anywhere you like

Indeed then there is probably a similar situation that a quest case is messing things up.

Perhaps the case where you were to hire that pirate lady causes any visitor to the tavern to hold their fast travel; whether your'e a pirate or not.

I think it also happened to me 2 days ago in a british town where I was in a governor's mansion, and there is this maid lady walking around.. I wasn't able to make dialog with her, but at the same time it kept saying "Something's about to happen here", as it did on Tortuga tavern and Guadalupe.

Guadalupe however this is the case for the entire town.

If you come across someone you can't talk to please always report.

I think it also happened to me 2 days ago in a british town where I was in a governor's mansion, and there is this maid lady walking around.. I wasn't able to make dialog with her, but at the same time it kept saying "Something's about to happen here", as it did on Tortuga tavern and Guadalupe.
Need to know the exact town, location and possible characters involved to be able to track it down.

If you come across someone you can't talk to please always report.
Yes. And also specifying as much information as possible.
Also, "not being able to talk" could be that nothing happens or that a blank dialog is shown.
These are distinctly different issues.

Yes i'll take notice of that next time. Generally the case is no dialog possible..not being able to talk nor start a chat. Same thing happened with me with that pussycat Larouse.. when you are with her in town or in jungle, she can't talk to you unless you are in her cabin.

Yes i'll take notice of that next time. Generally the case is no dialog possible..not being able to talk nor start a chat. Same thing happened with me with that pussycat Larouse.. when you are with her in town or in jungle, she can't talk to you unless you are in her cabin.
That is actually because they're ActorType for quest purposes.

Yes perhaps. When I first started playing this mod I remember I discovered the promotion thing.. then I received ALL my promotions at once.. and this enabled such a maid lady to walk around, but you can talk to her and heal yourself, and rest.. as if it's one of the employees you have in one of the buildings you've erected in the city.
I also did that with a Lieutenant which you get assigned as a new officer with a 3rd rate ship after reaching a certain promotion.

Is that one of the governor nieces/daughters that you can marry then?

Yes perhaps. When I first started playing this mod I remember I discovered the promotion thing.. then I received ALL my promotions at once.. and this enabled such a maid lady to walk around, but you can talk to her and heal yourself, and rest.. as if it's one of the employees you have in one of the buildings you've erected in the city.
This is odd. When you have been promoted high enough, the governor will introduce a female relative, either a daughter or a niece. The choices of things to say to her are either to flatter her, which may lead her to be overwhelmed by your charm and agree to gather information (which she never does, but this leads onto certain other options ;)) or you can propose marriage. The only people I know who offer you the opportunity to rest, heal or chat, are civilians in non-government buildings. (Some of which are impressive-looking mansions.) Such a person should not appear in the same building as a governor!
I also did that with a Lieutenant which you get assigned as a new officer with a 3rd rate ship after reaching a certain promotion.
Which version are you playing? I thought we got rid of that in Beta 3.5. Naval officers get a new ship after every promotion, privateers don't get a new ship at all.

Hmm after you get a certain promotion, she just pops up out of no where and walks around.. she's dressed as a maid, not really of noble look.

Current version is latest update which was uploaded here by Pieter a few days ago.
Can't find save file of Larous .. I usually delete everything except the latest 2 files

EDIT: Just went to charlestown governor.. and as soon as i opened dialog, his neice popped up.. this time I was able to talk to her. Previously however, there wasn't the possibility of communication with her. But why is she dressed like a maid lol

She just keeps walking around in small circles like a cat chasing its tail.. then I am unable to fast walk anywhere.. same issue with Tortuga Tavern : "Something's about to happen here"

I attached save file.. also @Pieter Boelen if you leave governor and go to port, right infront of you the merchants (the one on the right side) is the one with the double character standing on same spot

Attachments

• 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 105
  • FreePlay.rar
    2 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Cannot Confirm. The code to prevent Fast Travel issues in Port au Prince was already in place:
Code:
  //Missing Man quest
   PChar.quest.Missingman = "";
   PChar.quest.Missing_start.win_condition.l1 = "location";
   PChar.quest.Missing_start.win_condition.l1.character = PChar.id;
   PChar.quest.Missing_start.win_condition.l1.location = "PoPrince_town";
   PChar.quest.Missing_start.win_condition = "Missing_start";
   PChar.quest.Missing_start.skip = "yes"; // <------------ THAT LINE -------------
   //Missing Man quest
And even without that, it still works.

Also, there is no quest code that I can see related to Mary Wood in Tortuga.

If you do run into such a problem again on the most recent release, we'll need a savegame for testing.

Alrighty here we go.. I saved both files in same instant @ Point a Pitre port.. I still am facing the issue of not being able to fast travel anywhere due to "Something's about to happen" text on top left corner.

I uploaded 2 RAR files.. somehow in my save folder I have 3 quicksaves while I actually have only 2 saves on the game display..
Quicksave, Quicksave #8 and #9.

Freeplay 1 has Quicksave and quicksave #

Freeplay 2 has Quicksave #8 & #9

I uploaded all 3 together but here it says upload is large to it came down to this :eek:

Attachments

• FreePlay (1).rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 101
  • FreePlay (2).rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
Execute this through console to set this to normal:
Code:
PChar.quest.Santiago_start.skip = "yes";
I was looking at Port-au-Prince, not Pointe a Pitre. Was the same issue, though, except that the Port-au-Prince one was already found a fixed quite a while ago.

Back