• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Tortuga Fast Travel Command

I posted it right on top of the console document, is it fine? or it has to be placed in a certain spot within the file?

Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
ref ch;
int i;
int limit;

- Below this, add whatever code you want to execute
- Press F12 while ingame to execute

Roger that :D

Is it just me, or does Fast Travel to the Tortuga townhall not work?
Also, the "governor's mansion" icon does not appear to show up at any of the reloads to that location.

In speaking of fast walk, Tortuga also has been an issue for me in the tavern.. eversince I started playing new horizons..
I have just been able to trigger that problem as well. Which check it out hopefully tonight.

Reactions: A.H
Since the title of this thread is about Tortuga and fast travel, When I try to fast travel from the store to the port I end up just outside the store.

Also, the "governor's mansion" icon does not appear to show up at any of the reloads to that location.
Because there's a stair location up to the Townhall room.

I didn't get ANY fasttravel to work in Tortuga now. o_O

Since the title of this thread is about Tortuga and fast travel, When I try to fast travel from the store to the port I end up just outside the store.
That may be a result of having one huge location which is both port and main town. The port is just outside the store. xD

There is no Fast Travel icon for the Town Hall :yes

- and once inside in the room with the governor ( not the stairs) you cannot use Fast Travel at all and must exit the building before it is available.

The Loan Shark - has Fast Travel - but again once inside you can't use Fast travel and must exit the loan Shark by the passageway to get outside to use Fast Travel again.

:drunk

Fixed with this line:
Code:
PChar.quest.Muerte_restore.skip = "yes";

Reactions: A.H
@Jack Rackham and @Levis: I made some corrections in the attached file. But for some strange reason, it doesn't work right yet.
Reload port to townhall is not available. Reload prison to townhall, however, is.
You still cannot fast travel from the loanshark to somewhere else, but it does work on the staircase just outside the door.
And the worst is fast travel from IN the townhall: That one completely locked up my game just now.
Haven't a clue what is going on there. :modding

Couldn't get fast travel to port to work at all last time that was reported, but today I could and you may consider that one fixed. :cheeky

The Loan Shark - has Fast Travel - but again once inside you can't use Fast travel and must exit the loan Shark by the passageway to get outside to use Fast Travel again.
Confirmed, even after my attempted fixes. :(

Attachments

• Hispaniola.zip
    17.4 KB · Views: 124
Just occurred to me: Is there not a skipped .l number in the Tortuga fast reload tables file because the Church was disabled?
That might confuse the game code a bit....

I remember there was loanshark around Tavern in Tortuga.. that was some patches ago, but now I never can find it.. any clue where it is located?

Just occurred to me: Is there not a skipped .l number in the Tortuga fast reload tables file because the Church was disabled?
That might confuse the game code a bit....
Nope, that didn't seem to make any difference.
Still badly broken. WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?

@Jack Rackham: Why is there both a "Tortuga_townhall_stairs_up" and "Tortuga_townhall_stairs_down" location?
I can see no real differences between the two.

They also both have an automatic reload to themselves? I suppose that is to prevent players from walking through the wall?

EDIT: Same question for "Tortuga_stairs_down" and "Tortuga_stairs_up".
The only difference seems to be "d01_l_JRH" vs. "d01_l_GB" as locator file.
What does that do?

Last edited:
Why is there both a "Tortuga_townhall_stairs_up" and "Tortuga_townhall_stairs_down" location?
To enable different labels: "To the Townhall" & "To the Port".

And why do they both have an automatic reload to themselves?
Because it's a part of doubleflour_house, only the stairs are used. Try to "go down"
to the kitchen room and you're teleported back to the stairs.
When you can't do it in a proper way you have to work it around.

To enable different labels: "To the Townhall" & "To the Port".
Ah, that explains it. That does seem to be the cause of my fast travel problem though.
I just merged them into one location and fast travel to and from the townhall worked just now.

What about "Tortuga_stairs_down" and "Tortuga_stairs_up".
What does that do?

Because it's a part of doubleflour_house, only the stairs are used. Try to "go down"
to the kitchen room and you're teleported back to the stairs.
When you can't do it in a proper way you have to work it around.
I figured as much when I looked in the GM Viewer and already edited my previous post accordingly.

What about "Tortuga_stairs_down" and "Tortuga_stairs_up".
It's to the jungle yes. 2 locations for labels.

Looks like a mistake. I tested with both "d01_l_GB" and it works.

Pieter if you got the townhall fast travel to work when cleaning up the "entrance" maybe the loanshark fast travel
can be working if we skip the passage way out.

Back