• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tortuga Fort Boarding bug

TDLdark

Landlubber
Hi there,

I'm having a problem when I'm assaulting Tortuga fort. After I beat the fort and land troops, it progresses through three fort scenes normally. Then, upon the fourth scene, I end up with a black screen. The game itself is still functioning, as all the keyboard functions work (f1, f2, time speed up and the number button equips all work.) However, the scene model itself does not load.

From what I can decipher from the compile log, it appears that the scene that isn't loaded is a Tortuga port model. Which is weird, since in my understanding, the Tortuga port model is actually a stock game model.

From the compile log:

UnloadLocation(aref loc) NEXT2_Tortuga_fort
ItemLogic: On unload location
LoadLocation(ref loc) NEXT_Tortuga_port
LocationLoader: not loaded model location.models.always.locators, id = NEXT_Tortuga_port
Unload location.
UnloadLocation(aref loc) NEXT_Tortuga_port
ItemLogic: On unload location
Boarding: Boarding location not loaded, current loc <NEXT_Tortuga_port>

Any reasons and solutions? I imagine there should be a code somewhere in the programs folder that determines what scenes load when landing troops, but I have yet to find it.

Thanks in advance,

Edit: I'm running build 13

P.S. Also, on a side note, the converterTX program won't convert my TGA files back to tx. It says something about an error accessing the file.

Attachments

• compile.log
    35.7 KB · Views: 97
  • error.log
    320 bytes · Views: 99
  • system.log
    19 KB · Views: 97
Uh? There's no town capture in Build 13.

If there's a GM file that doesn't load, there should be a note in system.log.
Can you please check if there's anything like that in there?

I know there's a problem with the town boarding locators in B14A that should be fixed,
but it appears that this is another problem.

Well, I upgraded to Build 14 Alpha 10, but in response, the system.log reported

resource\models\locations\AOPtowns\Montserrat\Town_l.gm: can't open geometry file

Strange, I thought AOP import towns were only in Build 14...

Something went wrong in installing. The model files have not been in that folder for a LOOONG time.
Several years now, actually. How exactly did you install? And what did you install?
Did you follow the installation instructions provided with the Build 14 Alpha 10 download?

Well, this error occurred in Build 13, which I no longer have since I upgraded to Build 14 Alpha 10.

However, back when I had build 13 (and when this came up) I installed stock POTC first, then installed build 13, then ran the runme.bat. I had filmships, mapship mods V2, Officers and Marines skins, and Black Pearl music as addons.

Well, I upgraded to Build 14 Alpha 10, but in response, the system.log reported

resource\models\locations\AOPtowns\Montserrat\Town_l.gm: can't open geometry file

Strange, I thought AOP import towns were only in Build 14...
What do you mean by this then :shrug

Uh...sorry, I think my sentence wasn't worded in a great manner...

I meant in response to Pieter's post, not the game responding to upgrading to Build 14.

This problem is solely in Build 13 and the system log that I uploaded with the original post has the GM file not found line near the bottom.

^ I don't think Build 13 uses that file. We only added AoP outside town locations in Build 14 Alpha 6 and later.
So I'n not sure what you did here. :shock

Back