• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Trader/boarding/monk Bug

Mafeking Smalls

Powder Monkey
Hullo all,

I've just come back to PotC after rediscovering it on the shelf and put New Horizons on at the same time - fantastic work! I'm amazed at how different the game is. Recently though I've been having some problems with the traders, in that I can't get any missions from them to take cargo somewhere as the option doesn't appear in their dialogue.

I've previously done some milk runs for 500,000 so was a little miffed when this avenue of gain was closed to me. However reading other threads on here it seems there's much that can be reset from the console. Is there a way of telling the traders I'm actually available for a mission? I think I failed one because though I'm friendly with the Dutch, when I went to Philipsburg I was always blown out of the water by the fort, no matter what flag I chose and if I tried to get across from Marigot then the mysterious gun emplacements always snuffed me out.

I've also been told by one of the monks that I need to find one of his brethren on Saint Pierre, but having looked all around I can't find him anywhere and I'm stuck with a cross that doesn't seem to do anything. Actually two crosses as while trying to give one back I was given another! I found a thread about removing it from the inventory - is that the best solution?

In the last couple of tries I haven't been able to board successfully as my chap just stands there and no keys except sidestep work and the fast travel only has a red cross. There are no enemy crewmen and the Captain is inaccessible at the far end of the ship. I've tried adding a few lines to the console as mentioned in another thread and executing it with F12, but it makes no difference.

Many thanks for any replies and overall what excellent fun this updated PotC is!

:ahoy mate!

It's too bad that you failed that one trade mission. The merchants have long memories and it will be some time before they start trading with you again. Can you still go back to a save from before that glitch at Philipsburg and delete that mission? That is a very rare bug with the fort.
The only way I could get around it was to not go there in that particular circumstance again. Also, you need to choose your flag before the "land ho" call.

You do need to get rid of those crosses. I believe they do not let you exit the game. Try going to SpeightsTown on Barbados. You should be able to give them away there.

I hate it when that happens! :facepalm The boarding battles are still bugged. IMO that happens mostly with large ships. Boarding battles often CTD too. Not looting corpses seems to help with CTDs, but when one is just plain stuck the only thing left to do is start over from the last save.

Ahoy there!

I can understand them being somewhat distressed by not getting their goods, so as long as that's something that is intended to happen rather than a glitch that's fine. Have you any idea how long it takes them to forgive and forget? From telling everyone their purses are at risk I'm "Dashing" so perhaps that counts for something?

A slight problem is that I've only quick-saved as the cross prevents me from doing a normal save (something I only found out about a little time after I got it). I assumed the "not leaving the archipelago" was something to do with saving, but as quick-save worked I didn't worry about it! Now however the only save I have is a quick-save and each time I've loaded it and had a fight the boarding bug makes its appearance. Is it new game o'clock, do you think?

I don't remember how long they stay mad. A year game time? Can you still trade with the backwater traders like at Nevis or Turks? Certain trade routes are great money makers, like St. Pierre to San Juan, so you can still make big bucks trading.

If you can't get rid of the cross you might consider starting over.

I haven't visited Turks yet and the problem is with all traders. I have no problem actually buying goods, but just the trade missions which I find rather lucrative. I'll have a go later this evening and see what I can find out. Starting over wouldn't be too much of a chore - there's so much more in the game that I spent most of this one fiddling about and getting to know it rather than getting along in the quests!

I can't remember if they actually STOP being mad. I'd need to look at the code what line causes this inability. It would be possible to fix this through the console, but I can't do anything for another two days as I am halfway across the world from my computer.

Back