• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Treasure location?

Lamias

Landlubber
Hey, i just bought a map which says that there is a treasure in a cave in the shores of mosquito. The thing is, when i go there, there is only one road through the jungle which leads to the Aztec Temple in the lake Texcoco (something like that). There is no other road to take me to a cave, even though the map says shores of mosquito.

Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks!

There are TWO shores of mosquito, aren't there?

Sorry for wasting your time, i couldn't imagine this...!!

And which is the one called for in the quest? Perhaps I can address this issue with a quick fix. I'm currently looking at a map of Puerto Bello from who knows what century and although the shores don't have names, there is an inlet that has a name which seems to conincide with the aproximate location in the CoAS map. I'm thinking perhaps renaming this "shore of mosquito" to the name of the inlet.

The one between Santa Catalina and Belize is the one you go for the tenochtlitlan quest (i don't know if i wrote this correctly).

The other one, near Puerto Bello, doesn't have any quests as far as i know, it's just a shore. I once got a treasure map that said to go to a cave in Shores of Mosquito and it meant the latter. The first has only one path that leads to the Aztec city and no caves.

Alright, I'll attempt and look into it this weekend and try to rename the one in Porto Bello to something else.

Hmm...seems that the area near P.B really is called Shores of Mosquito or Mosquito Coast.:shrug

I'm not having much luck trying to find out what that area east of Texcoco is or was called; perhaps I'll just rename it to Gulf of Mexico.

OP have you checked the Age Of Pirates 1 folder out to see, because i think the game still uses the original island names in most cases and Mosquito is one of those islands thats not there or at least not using that name.

Well, from what I've found, The mostquito coast goes along between Honduras and Nicaragua I believe, therefore the one in CoAS (the one near Texxaco) could be wrong since that's in Mexico.

As for mostquito near Porto Bello, I've only seen one reference in a map that had that name though.

Well, from what I've found, The mostquito coast goes along between Honduras and Nicaragua I believe, therefore the one in CoAS (the one near Texxaco) could be wrong since that's in Mexico.

As for mostquito near Porto Bello, I've only seen one reference in a map that had that name though.

I think the geography of the original game is a bit inaccurate :rofl

They have placed the Aztec capital ( Tenochitlan - sorry I can't spell it from memory ) on what looks like Lake Nicaragua in the real world. Which they call Lake Texxaco .

The Aztec Capital should be much further North. Somewhere to the west of Yucatan. I think the mosquito coast between Belize and Santa Catalina is correct since Belize is near Honduras in the real world.

I think the original game makers probably meant to have one place called Mosquito Coast for the one near Belize & another called Shores of Mosquito for the one near Puerto Bello. Then they messed up and called them both the same name.

:shrug

I think the geography of the original game is a bit inaccurate :rofl

They have placed the Aztec capital ( Tenochitlan - sorry I can't spell it from memory ) on what looks like Lake Nicaragua in the real world. Which they call Lake Texxaco .

The Aztec Capital should be much further North. Somewhere to the west of Yucatan. I think the mosquito coast between Belize and Santa Catalina is correct since Belize is near Honduras in the real world.

I think the original game makers probably meant to have one place called Mosquito Coast for the one near Belize & another called Shores of Mosquito for the one near Puerto Bello. Then they messed up and called them both the same name.

:shrug
I think that's the best solution given that the CoAS map isn't accurate anyway, call the one in CoAS Mexico (lol) Mosquito Coast and the one near PB, Shores of Mosquito.

I got caught in this trap last night. I went to the only Shore of Mosquito on the map north of Santa Catalina. There are two shores there. One goes to a cave and the other goes to an Aztec city. Now I know to go by Puerto Bello.

I went to the shore of Mosquito by Puerto Bello and found the cave. Had a good time running around in there and believe I found where the treasure should be, but there was nothing there. How would one know if that is indeed the correct place?
In POTC there is always a treasure chest there. It is empty as often as not, but one knows he found the correct location.

I went to the shore of Mosquito by Puerto Bello and found the cave. Had a good time running around in there and believe I found where the treasure should be, but there was nothing there. How would one know if that is indeed the correct place?
In POTC there is always a treasure chest there. It is empty as often as not, but one knows he found the correct location.

I think when you find the right place ( correct cave or dungeon ) you get a log message, top left of screen, saying the treasure is nearby, and the treasure map disappears from your inventory. When you open the correct chest the threat warning should come on as the skeletons that attack you should be generated.

In COAS I think there is always someting in the treasure chest - but sometimes not worth very much.

:treasure:

I kept going back to that cave, which is the only one in that area, and kept finding the correct location according to the treasure "map", but there was nothing there or any message anywhere. Then yesterday that map disappeared. Is there a time limit on treasure quests?

I'm sure there's no limit when having treasure maps. I once had a map for 1 whole year and when I found the cave, I left to do some other stuff and picked it up 2 months later. If you also get the message that the treasure is nearby, it certainly is so you have the try harder finding it

I will remember this for future reference, but that map is gone and there were no messages.

Back