• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Treasure Quests Stop Appearing

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
I put in Levis' fix and after talking with dozens of citizens in many towns no one has offered me a treasure quest. My previous experience would suggest that they would be offered very frequently if you don't have one. You certainly wouldn't for over 2 months of game time with out a single quest offered.

Do you have a save for that? I wonder if you still have an active treasure quest.

@Jason: I think I know why this happens. It is indeed related to the previous issue, but technically a separate one.
Therefore I have split this to its own thread.

The problem lies here in PROGRAM\DIALOGS\Enc_Walker.c:
Code:
      if(CheckAttribute(PChar, "required_item"))
         disallow12 = true;

But @Levis changed the way that attribute is used, which breaks the appearance of treasure quests.
Ideally he should think of the best way to resolve that.

Execute this through console to manually reset this:
Code:
DeleteAttribute(pchar,"required_item");
This isn't a fix, but should allow you to start getting them again.

I don't know how to use the console, sorry.
You have to place the code as I show you in this picture, start the game and hit F12:) Udklip.PNG

I have just thought of a REALLY simple solution for this one! :dance

In PROGRAM\DIALOGS\Enc_Walker.c find:
Code:
if(CheckAttribute(PChar, "required_item"))
Replace with:
Code:
if(CheckAttribute(PChar, "treasureloc"))

That attribute ALSO gets added whenever a treasure quest is active and gets deleted again when it completes.
BUT it isn't affected by @Levis' recent rewrite, which means it should be just as reliable as the previous check used to be.

Here's to hoping this works as well as I hope it does! :cheers

Ah I must have overlooked that one ....
I tought I checked all places where required item was used to see if it would cause problems...

I recently noticed that I was not getting any treasure quests either so just did this fix. Started the game and the 3rd person i met offered me a treasure quest, so it looks like it is working.

I recently noticed that I was not getting any treasure quests either so just did this fix. Started the game and the 3rd person i met offered me a treasure quest, so it looks like it is working.
Good enough for me! "Fixed" it is. Thanks mate. :cheers

Back