• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Trig's general git shop

Saving in battle is disabled on purpose because it is buggy.
Some things that are important in battle cannot be saved, so when you reload, you won't enter the exact same situation.
For example, your sails are automatically set if I recall and your cannons already loaded.
This happens when not in battle too, but then it's not so much of a concern.

Well, I'm sure it's less of a prob to have a slightly diff setup upon reload, than to lose the entire multi-ship battle due to a crash on the boarding scene of the 3rd ship or somesuch... :/
Maybe an autosave everytime a ship surrenders, is sunk or boarded? SO you at least get some reference point if you crash?

Can't seem to find the code disabling the save in battle, though I know it's somewhere out there.
Can't remember all the reasons it was disabled either, though I know there were more than just that one.

Getting unusually many crashes playing Master & Commander scenario.
Not following the story (could find anything much to do or "cause trouble" in the US town at start, that Stephen fellow in tavern gives a no text error or something, and looks like a common pirate, while the shop clerk looks like the film Stephen, go figure ;) ...so I sailed away). But I get crashes in most sea battles. Something bugged with Surprise to crash so much?

Which version of the Surprise are you using? There are many Surprises. Pun intended. :aar

The one that comes at start of the game. What also doesn't have any display pic if you wanna repaint ship. And crashes if you select that no pic option. :)

Well the spiegelretourship or how it's called one also doesn't have repaint options, but it displays that one pic and if you click on it, well nothing happens. With Surprise there's no pic, and if you click on it, game crashes. That bit is weird.

Neither should have repaint options. I just tried doing the exact same thing with the Surprise, but couldn't make my game crash.

Ok, that ship is the HMS_Surprise and I do believe she has a few bugs. About the paint thing, there are a lot of ships that have not been properly updated in the ships screens department. I run into that problem all the time when working on new ships.

Hello lads. :ahoy

Been a while. I've only recently had a chance to DL 2.3 and have a bit of a play with it. So far it's looking well nice, but I was kinda hoping to encounter some ships with the flags I made for ye in there...? --> Trig's general git shop
:pflag

Also Bugs ho!

- I still get random crashes even though i have disabled the safe sound option.
- I still get the ship fizzle graphic anomaly which several O's sometimes fix for a wee while.
- I seem to be getting keys disfunctioning until I reload more often than before.
- Autoloot corpses loots all except money.
- Forts still shoot incredibly far.
- Dunno if alt-tabbing used to work ok, but now (on custom 1980x1080) when I tab back I only get black and need to restart.

Noticed this so far... But glad to see the fantastic progress on the ships, dress, etc... :onya

Long time no see. :doff

Lots of little things got left out of the last patch because we forgot all about them.
The GA is a permanent fixture.
Set the keys like you want them and then go into "options" and "use default". They should be ok after that.
Loot them yourself.
Forts historically had a range of 3,000 yards or meters.
You need to use windowed mode for that to work. Make fullscreen = 0

Long time no see. :doff
Lots of little things got left out of the last patch because we forgot all about them.

Öh nö!
Ok, reminding ye then, lest ye forget too often. ;)

The GA is a permanent fixture.

Öh nö!
No fix for it ever?

Set the keys like you want them and then go into "options" and "use default". They should be ok after that.
Loot them yourself.
You need to use windowed mode for that to work. Make fullscreen = 0

Alright, thank you. :)

Forts historically had a range of 3,000 yards or meters.

Exactly why I'm bitchin now that they are still shooting over 7000...

The reason why the boardermodel settings are NOT in the Advanced Options menu is because I'd recommend not changing them; the code doesn't work quite right.
Remind me again in two weeks when I'm at home and maybe we can do some tests. In the meantime, hold onto your savegame with everything wrong.
We should be able to figure it out.
Agentad, it just occurs to me that for performance's sake, we should move this code out of the ChangeCitizenNation function.
This function could be executed multiple times or never on a new game, so the code would be executed more times than necessary or never.
Better to have it always executed, but only once. Suggest putting the exact code as posted above it in InitTownNationalities() instead and restoring ChangeCitizenNation to the Beta 2 state.

Also, I think this does NOT yet work for randomly generated soldiers, such as story-generated ones, soldiers on boardings and on regular town soldiers after they've been killed and "resurrected".
This would require testing. If that is the case, we could make this into its own function and have it called wherever necessary to make it work right.

Just reminding you Pieter.
I've had a whole boarding crew of Nathaniels again... (with out-of-the-box 2.3, so no editing InternalSettings.h by myself)

I think your flags were left out because there were some code changes needed to accommodate the larger quantity of flags, but said changes were not made.
I'm not entirely sure what we should do about it in the short term. Pieter is away and no-one currently here has the experience to modify the code, BUT we do plan on releasing a mini-patch for Beta 2.3 with small changes and content left out of 2.3, so perhaps we could incorporate at least some of your improved flags.

The GA remains somewhat of a mystery, and we only have a rough idea of what might cause it (lack of "penn" locators on ships/forts, or possibly unusual naming thereof).
We already checked almost every ship during the Beta 2 clean-up, but it's possible there are still some issues.
The best way I can think of to help eradicate the bug is for people to report each occurrence they have and list the ship(s) they were sailing, where they were, and any other ships in the area.
That should at least narrow down any potential problem ships for us to investigate.

I've another question.

I got a mission to hunt down a pirate brig by a governor, but then left the island's area and when I came back it was nowhere to be found. Now I've been coming and going to this island, circling it endlessly, but cannot encounter the target ship ever. The quest, however, is still active and until I catch her, I can't seem to be able to get any other assignments by any faction's governor. What to do?

You left the island? That broke that quest. Do you still have a save from before you accepted that quest?

Nope.

And I left it more or less accidentally directsailing too far from it I think, then map sailing back. :facepalm

No way to fix such? Like an expiry date on all quests to fail them if not solved by such date? I'd rather have a failed quest with its consequences than a broken/locked option for the rest of the game. o_O

Well, a restart it is then.

I was getting too good in the last game anyway :p

strange, in older versions like in the build 14 alphas versions i remember the ship to hunt still there even after leaving the area because its a "coded added ship" added to the ones already near the island (6 is the default number => 7 become teh default number until the quest ship is destroyed)

i did that really much and the "fast travel" to the ship helped a lot, but now that i use full rp sailing i havent tested it in lastest versions

Hello there,

please excuse me for coming back to Triglavs question about boarders. I have a problem with them, too.
I'm playing build 14 beta 2.3, the Nathaniel standard campaign.

My problem is this:
I started with boarders looking like seamen/pirates as far I remember.
Then, when I started a dutch naval career, they looked like dutch soldiers.
Now, what do I need to do to get back the seamen/pirate style?
I already skipped the dutch nacal career, but this does not effect the boarder style. Even when I hoist the flag, my boarding crew is still dutch soldiers. Is there anything that can be done - well, except starting a new career?

I already tried to replace "standard" with "corsair" here in internalsettings.h here ...
#define BOARDERMODEL "corsair" // Outfit for your boarders, insert one of these groups (Don't change spelling or the "" !):
// "marine", "corsair", "masked", "skeleton", "girl", "soldier" (soldiers of current flag),
// "boarder" (Nathaniel's soldiers); default: "standard"

Thanks!

Edit:
Loading a savegame before joining with the dutch works. But I'd love to have another choice.

Back