• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Two things

mangaroca

Landlubber
Hi,

1. Are there any zones in the Caribbean where speciffic ship types (1st Rate Ship of the Line) are more common or do they spawn randomly? I'm dreaming of a fat Spanish 1st Rate Man-o-War but I cannot find her anywhre (I've engaged at least 50 Spanish "contacts" with no luck)...

2. What is the most "realistic" difficulty setting? I'd like to know which one is closest to the actual real sailing and fencing. Probably the hardest one but maybe I'm wrong...

Thank you!

Hmm. You want a Spanish 1st rate? I very rarely see them in the wild, and then they are usually part of a fleet. :facepalm Do you have a Spanish Letter of Marque? When you achieve Capitan De Fragata you will receive one of those bad boys for free. :p3 It's a pretty good big ship except for not having a crew. It's a 54 gunner with 600 crew.

The most realistic difficulty? :shrug I'm bouncing between Adventurer and Swashbuckler. Swashbuckler is frustrating in that it's easy to run out of shot before sinking a ship and everything costs more. So maybe it's more realistic.

Ahh. I was referring to the class 1 Spanish Heavy War Galleon. There are also 2 Spanish Battleships with 70 guns and a Spanish Ship of the Line with 90 guns. They are slightly repainted generic ships that you have already seen many times under other flags.

Which nation has a 100 gun battleship then? Are there any other ships in New Horizons with more guns than a 100 (apart from HMS Victory)?

There's no "zones" in the game, it's all random. The availability of ships depends on the time period, you won't encounter the larger ones in the earlier time periods.

I've done some searching and found 8 manowars with 100 guns in the game. At least one of them is Spanish.

According to this chart there are even bigger ships, but I couldn't find them.

That's exactly what I needed! Thank you! :)

Actually, it'd be a good idea to create an album with all these ships with pictures and more stats (turn rates, speeds, etc.). I know there's a way to put those ships in player's possession somehow... Could you point me to the right thread? I tried searching the froums but hit nothing... :/

To get the ship you want you can use the console in the game's Program folder. (if you don't want to wait for the game to generate the ship )

In the console find the ship section - near the top of the file

Code:
// Give ship
// ------------------
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,pchar.ship.type,pchar.ship.name,-1,PIRATE,true,true);
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,"NL_Amsterdam","Amsterdam",-1,HOLLAND,true,true);
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,SHIP_CURSED,"Black Pearl",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,"CursedDutchman","Flying Dutchman",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,"FR_SteamFrigate","Jeanne d'Arc",-1,FRANCE,true,true);

Replace one of the ship names with the ship you want ( use the folder name from the Resource \ Models \ ships ) then remove the // from the line.

Or just add another line in the section.

Code:
// Give ship
// ------------------
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,pchar.ship.type,pchar.ship.name,-1,PIRATE,true,true);
GiveShip2Character(pchar,"GAFFBOOMGALEOTH","Amsterdam",-1,HOLLAND,true,true);
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,SHIP_CURSED,"Black Pearl",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,"CursedDutchman","Flying Dutchman",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
//	GiveShip2Character(pchar,"FR_SteamFrigate","Jeanne d'Arc",-1,FRANCE,true,true);
Save console file

Load a saved game and press F12 - and you will have that ship.

above example will give you the Spanish Gaffboom Gunship (Gaffboom Galeoth )

Thank you!

Hmm, I obviously wanted to see the 112 gun man-o-war from the xls table posted above but could not find the "royalbattleship" folder in the path provided... Is she hiding there somewhere or has she been... removed? :(

Oh wait; I forgot I removed her completely when we went to using La Couronne in the Assassin storyline instead.

Thank you!

Hmm, I obviously wanted to see the 112 gun man-o-war from the xls table posted above but could not find the "royalbattleship" folder in the path provided... Is she hiding there somewhere or has she been... removed? :(
That ship list is outdated now; I'm working on the latest version which contains many new ships (and not the Soleil Royal).
I'll upload it once complete if you like- but it won't be 100% relevant until the next ship pack... ;)

Back