• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Unintended Fights

@ANSEL reported it already and posted a fix.
Here is the file fixed

Attachments

• LEnc_monsters.c
    69.5 KB · Views: 117
Check my save file also.. standing infront of tavern.
What i did now.. enter and exit .. first time there was no fight.. second enter i had a automatic fight.
3rd, 4th nothing... then 5th a fight.

But in spanish ports somehow it is 75% of times always fighting..
sometimes 100% of the times fighting everytime i set foot in a tavern.

Attachments

• FreePlay.7z
    605.6 KB · Views: 108
What i did now.. enter and exit .. first time there was no fight.. second enter i had a automatic fight.
Automatic fight is this issue, not the other one.
Extract the file from post #22 above to PROGRAM\LandEncounters , then try again.

Reactions: A.H
Many, many things appear to have been fixed.
Have you seen any crazy unintended fights lately? That was definitely one of the nastiest recent errors and I am really very much hoping that one at least is resolved again.

Yes one random fight with French solders after leaving the store on Martinique while carrying a French LOM

Yes one random fight with French solders after leaving the store on Martinique while carrying a French LOM
You have any more details? How and when did that happen? Anything might be a clue.

You have any more details? How and when did that happen? Anything might be a clue.

Yes it happened again as I was leaving the main town on Martinique again with French soldiers I came the gate and the fight stated. The sound started as soon as I hit the space bar to exit.

Attachments

• compile.log
    81.1 KB · Views: 129
  • error.log
    696 bytes · Views: 122
So who was fighting who then?
And does it always happen? Also if you load to another location and then return?

French soldiers attacked me and my officers.
Did that get reset after a location reload?

When it happened, did it happen after a dialog of some kind? Or was there another fight going on somewhere?
Trying to figure out if there was anything specific that triggered it.

Technically there is NO code in place to link soldier relations to whether you've got a LoM or not.
There is also no need for that, because right now soldiers should ALWAYS be neutral to you, unless you provoke them.

Did that get reset after a location reload?

When it happened, did it happen after a dialog of some kind? Or was there another fight going on somewhere?
Trying to figure out if there was anything specific that triggered it.

Technically there is NO code in place to link soldier relations to whether you've got a LoM or not.
There is also no need for that, because right now soldiers should ALWAYS be neutral to you, unless you provoke them.

There was no dialog prior. No other fight that I know about. So far only on Martinique. It is similar to what happened when one is recognized.

So does it reset after a location reload?

How about other French towns? Their soldiers should be in the same AI group as in Martinique.

More on this today. I haven't checked this on other French towns. I just got back to Martinique and was attacked in the port by soldiers, went through the gate to the suburbs and was attacked again and went through the gate to the main town and was attacked again. The third time there is an added bonus of an immortal soldier. I have no idea what it is but something is seriously FUBAR with this.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Martinique.rar
    624.7 KB · Views: 108
  • compile.log
    131.1 KB · Views: 118
  • error.log
    778 bytes · Views: 112
I just got back to Martinique and was attacked in the port by soldiers, went through the gate to the suburbs and was attacked again and went through the gate to the main town and was attacked again.
That sounds like the bug we had and that I thought I fixed last weekend.
Are you able to upload your entire PROGRAM folder? I'm curious to know if all the latest fixes made their way into your game.

At 5.71 MB zipped it is too big. Maybe I missed a fix? I have the 1/24 update (zip)

Last edited:
Exclude the storyline and dialog folders. That might help.

Based on the date, you should have the right version.
But I've heard so much weirdness last Friday that I don't know what isn't possible to go wrong anymore.
So I'd like to check to be absolutely sure.

Back