• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Untold Riches

con20or

Master Mariner
Hearts of Oak Donator
When you board a ship, you have to be very careful looting corpses. Leaving aside your men losing the fight - if you loot a corpse when the lock icon is on screen teeling you to enter the enemy captains cabin, you cant get it back. I looted about ten corpses, 6 cupboards, over multiple saves - and got a huge haul of gold, diamonds, rings, weapons - but had to load the prebattle save so I could get at the enemy captain and exit the scene :(

Intelligence in CuracaoEdit
Modyford will ask you to enter Willemstad and find out as much information about what's going on there as possible, to aid you in this task he provides you with a 20 day trading licence. Go there, talk to the bartender, then to the moneylender. You'll need to bribe him with 100k, then he'll reveal that the information you need is on a brig that's about to leave the harbor. Go to your ship, board the brig (it's right in the harbor, don't go to map mode), loot the secret dispatch from the chest in the cabin, and deliver it to Modyford. You will get your 100k back and a small bonus. (Your character indicates in his journal that he should talk to the "gutter trash". This probably means the homeless guys, but I haven't been able to find one in Willemstad during this mission.) If you talk to the Governor General after this mission, you will be promoted to Commander.

I had thought this was just an annoying problem but had been getting on ok. Unfortunately now I need it bad...

With GoF Eras, how do I loot the enemy captains cabin?

1. I need some papers he has.

2. If I open any boxes after killing him the game won't give me the option to exit the cabin and I'm trapped.

3. If I capture the ship, make myself captain and then go to the cabin the files arent there.

When I first started playing ERAS I thought I had that problem where if you loot corpses then you can not continue. I wuz wrong. I 1 button and the space bar for looting and when I want to move on i use the left mouse button.

Try it. It works for me.

My god - if that's true I've walked away from so many goodies. I'll give it a go, thanks!

It is true!

That is ubelievable - how did I never find that? I tried everything I could think of multiple times, tried every key I could think of, decided you could not loot a ship and caputre it, hence my first post.

Thanks Highly.

Back