• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Update Citizen Dialogs

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Citizen Directions Dialog to be adapted for Havana and Santo Domingo by @Grey Roger

Also new towns to be checked if citizens are generated at existing locators by @Pillat

I would very much want this to be done before we post the release version of Beta 3.3 since otherwise players will probably be well confused. :facepalm

So whats the status on this?

One extra thing to be done:
Does anyone have any good text to use for the opening of the Jack Sparrow storyline? Current:
Code:
"It's late already. I'd better find some place to stay for the night.",
"The tavern is close by. I hope they've got some lodgings there.",
Need to add directions to the tavern called "Dark Frigate" otherwise new players will be lost.

@Pillat could you maybe help with this?

Changing dialog files is easy, jus go to DIALOGS/ENGLISH and find the right file, there is a list of all strings they can say and you can change it there. You can test it ingame while changing if you want, dialog files are only loaded when needed.

I think Pillat made the original ones for those towns anyway, so he should be familiar.
We do need this done before any public release is made.

Hope I have time this evening for that.. Havana and Santo Domingo left, right?

At least I can check for the right appear of the citizens at the same time^^

Cool! Yep, it's those two towns + the Jack Sparrow storyline opening dialog.

Havana was quite easy, since only downtown and therefore only tavern and blacksmith changed.. updated here ;)

Attachments

• Havana citizen_dialog.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 78
OUCH! Good thing you thought to check that then! Better adjust their locators. :shock

Santo Domingo has only 1 or 2 citizens left in the town, so better add some more.. dialog is corrected ;)

Attachments

• SantoDomingo citizen_dialog.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 81
Soo.. which ports do I have to check also for citizens? Tortuga, ... ?

EDIT: Tortuga has some, but not enough for that big location IMO

Tortuga should be OK, but it would do no harm to double-check.

Also, the first two lines of PROGRAM\Storyline\JackSparrow\dialogs\ENGLISH\Storyteller_dialog.h should be updated to provide directions.
It used to be OK, since you were generated in the port right across from the tavern. But now you're not.

Tortuga Town, Oranjestad Port, Havana Center, Santiago and Santo Domingo Towns

Ok, as I said.. Havana Center and Santiago don't have citizens at all anymore (only in the ports). Tortuga and Santo Domingo have citizens, but there could be more.. Will check Oranjestedt later

Oranjestad port probably had no citizens either, but I don't think it ever did since there used to be only a pier there.

Havana and Santiago characters probably exist, but need their location IDs and locators renamed.

So status on this?
I guess you want this done before you make the installer tonight?

Ideally, yes. But if not, I'll still make the installer and we can continue ZIP-based for the next few days ago.
While I wanted to do testing last week, that didn't really work out. So we'll need a bit more time for testing anyway.

Back