• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Update Citizen Dialogs

I don't recall seeing a blacksmith in Port au Prince, but if there is one, I'll need to edit the .h file accordingly.
There isn't one. All the stock game MAIN islands have them plus one at Havana and Cartagena. Extra sword+blade combined one on Turks.

It certainly is mentioned in the .h file, right at the end. That's how I found it. The last two lines of dialogue are "We have a population of" and "citizens." The citizen only says the first of those two. Which is why I can offer to put a fixed value there, right after "of". ;)
Will have a look. If I can't quickly figure it out, just remove the mention of the value altogether.
If they don't mention a value, then it cannot be wrong. That might actually be what I resorted to last time for expediency's sake.

The citizen dialogues for Santo Domingo and Havana, for a start. I know because those are the citizens I interrogated mercilessly to check that my dialogue upgrades were working. And because those are the dialogue files I examined in detail when I was writing said upgrades. Since chunks of those appeared to have been copied straight from other dialogues, especially the St. Pierre one, it's a good bet that other dialogues are going to have the same problem, especially the St. Pierre one.
The St. Pierre one was correct. Attached two .c files now corrected to also show the correct number. So this should be good now. :doff

I think that leaves @Pillat's locator check.

Attachments

• citizen_dialogs.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 77
Only awaiting the updated character init files before we can mark this "Fixed".

Hm strange.. most of the citizens should have appeared, or rather some showed up now o_O Well, I placed them on better locators, corrected some false ones and added a few, where it was necessary ;)

BTW: Is it possible that the citizens sleep at night? Havana_town_01 had definitly citizens, I even saw them before, but now nobody was there.. it was night, so that was my only explanation

Attachments

• Citizens_checked.zip
    9.9 KB · Views: 81
Thanks a lot, mate! :cheers

BTW: Is it possible that the citizens sleep at night? Havana_town_01 had definitly citizens, I even saw them before, but now nobody was there.. it was night, so that was my only explanation
They most definitely do sleep at night. :yes

Everything that I have is included in the ZIP I posted. It also contains the smugglers.

Ah right I see now.

@Pillat I believe you made an error with the smugglers dialog. When I talk to them they say something about you helping a poor smuggler etc but after that the smuggling location will be added also. In my dialogs that worked but for you it now is a line and then the name of the location is added afterwards. Please check it. Just talk to a smuggler and you will see it.

Talking about this line
Code:
"Hmh... maybe I can help you. I'll find you a customer. But watch out for the coastguards! They will not be nice to you if they see you helping poor town folk like us. ",

It should also say to meet him after you are done checking the location, the sentence should end on the name of the location.

I think you used old dialog files cause the parts which I actually added you haven't changed ....

Then they were not included in the last release :( sorry 'bout that.. will have a look at it soon

as far as I know they where .... Try downloading the latest release, they are in there.

hmmm ok then he just didn't change those last things :p.
the things are in it but not changed.
I changed 1 line now (in the most recent version) so the dialog should be okay.

Back