• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Visible Damage on Ship Decks.

But I believe damage and upgrades are attributes on the player, whereas cabin and quarterdeck are attributes on the ship model. So changing ship model by repainting should change the cabin and quarterdeck to those of the new model.
I agree that would indeed make sense. :yes

I'm not sure if repainting will work, which is why I also gave the console line. ;)
:onya

More generic approach would in PROGRAM\console.c find:
Code:
                                            // Case 0 = Enable reload (useful when you get stuck on boarding) + Set player type (if you cannot move anymore)
    switch(0)                                // Case 1 = Various test and cheat codes
    {                                        // Case 2 = Location coordinate information
        case 1:                                // Case 3 = Automatic instant cheats in port
                                            // Case 4 = Instant teleport to Hendrick Vanderdecken

// Give ship
        // ------------------
        /*    for (i = 0; i < COMPANION_MAX; i++) {
                limit = GetCompanionIndex(PChar, i);
                if (limit < 0) continue;
                ch = GetCharacter(limit);
                GiveShip2Character(ch,ch.ship.type,ch.ship.name,-1,ch.ship.stats.nation,true,true);
            }*/
Replace with:
Code:
                                            // Case 0 = Enable reload (useful when you get stuck on boarding) + Set player type (if you cannot move anymore)
    switch(1)                                // Case 1 = Various test and cheat codes
    {                                        // Case 2 = Location coordinate information
        case 1:                                // Case 3 = Automatic instant cheats in port
                                            // Case 4 = Instant teleport to Hendrick Vanderdecken

// Give ship
        // ------------------
            for (i = 0; i < COMPANION_MAX; i++) {
                limit = GetCompanionIndex(PChar, i);
                if (limit < 0) continue;
                ch = GetCharacter(limit);
                GiveShip2Character(ch,ch.ship.type,ch.ship.name,-1,ch.ship.stats.nation,true,true);
            }
So uncomment that top section and switch to case 1.

I once considered adding that code to Reinit.c to save us this extra step.
But after thinking about it, I decided to not do that as you may be using Reinit for a different reason than updating ship stats.

The other reason for not doing it in "Reinit.c" is that "GiveShip2Character" will wipe your damage and upgrades, as it's giving you a new ship of the same type. This is why, while some storylines use "GiveShip2Character" to supposedly give you your ship back after it's been taken away for some reason, "Tales of a Sea Hawk" uses "ExchangeCharacterShip".

And that loop means that not only your own ship but all your companion ships get the same treatment. You might not want that if you just want to update your own flagship. ;)

Yep; that too.
So better to have it a bit more complicated, but at least fully flexible for the user. :onya

Hey all sorry for delay, got a little distracted with life. I ended up just starting a new game, changes should work now.

Side question, can someone explain how these custom settlements work? I just created a mansion in a shop messing around with the system. Where is a proper place to place buildings such as that?

You probably want to place them where there is enough room - so, not inside a shop. xD Find a wide open place in town; or maybe try the outskirts, the jungle location just outside town. There's plenty of open space just outside Puerto Rico or Kralendijk, for example. (The outskirts location of St. John on Antigua is a copy of the outskirts of Kralendijk with a couple of extra building added by game code.)

Side question, can someone explain how these custom settlements work? I just created a mansion in a shop messing around with the system. Where is a proper place to place buildings such as that?
You can do pretty much whatever you want.
Whether it makes sense, is up to you...

Back