• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Vista

Kjetil

Ideator
Evening,

I just restored my old computer, and unfortunately I have vista. I am about to change that though. But I wonder, is the build 14 beta 2.2 very bugged (walking through walls, falling through the floor, bugged when pressing ESC and so forth), or is it just not that compatible with my current OS?

It's so bugged I can't bother to play as it would take awful lot of time.

????????????? :8q

There are a few houses outside of a few cities that were never quite finished. One can walk through those.
The A and D buttons let one slide left and right. This was never in the original game and allows one to slide off the map if so desired. Is that what you are talking about?
The ESC key does not work.
POTC works with all OS as long as it is installed anywhere except "program files". I had Vista when i started here and it ran fine once things like DEP were addressed.

The D and A keys sound very familiar, and it annoys me that I can't always slide back in. And I fell through the floor in a house in the naval base in the start of the Horatio Hornblower story. Also, if I press ESC while in game, or after pressing F1 I enter the game menu, but without the possibility to resume, save or start a new game. It's very annoying whenever I exit the interface and I manage to press ESC one time too much.

It's not installed in Program Files.

I wuz wrong. The escape key does do something. According to defaultcontrols.h the escape key cancels some commands in interfaces and dialogs. It should not work in other parts of the game.

Well, it does. It sort of crashes the game. It might just be me, but it could also be a very annoying common bug.

Back