• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Wacky News Stories

xD:

There was a similar story I read recently, it might have been in this thread, about a pretend cop pulling over a real one. :wacko:

Those darned clumsy cows!

Cow falls on man, injures him as he was milking near St. Lucie-Okeechobee line

By Will Greenlee
Friday, September 18, 2009

ST. LUCIE COUNTY — A cow fell on a man at a dairy farm early Friday, sending him to a local provisional trauma center via helicopter after the apparent milking-related incident, a St. Lucie County Fire District spokeswoman said.Fire District crews responded at 3:56 a.m. to the incident in the 16000 block of Okeechobee Road, Fire District spokeswoman Catherine Chaney said.

"They were in the process of milking cows. That's why he was near a cow," Chaney said. "He was out there milking cows and this one fell on him."

The man, who is in his early 30s, sustained non-life-threatening injuries. He was flown to the hospital because the area where the accident occurred -- near the St. Lucie/Okeechobee county line -- is so far from a hospital.

The man was treated and released from Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute in Fort Pierce, said Jana Eschbach, hospital spokeswoman.

It wasn't immediately clear whether the cow was injured.

They still do that here. xD: But, then again, this province's official unofficial motto is "Where men are men and sheep are nervous.". :blah:

http://tech.msn.com/products/articlepcw.aspx?cp-documentid=21770838&gt1=40000
10. David Coursey ( http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/blogs/tech_inciter.html )
Holier than thou and -- more importantly -- smarter than thou, Coursey (the "Tech Inciter") pushes the hot-topic buttons of the day while expounding on his superior knowledge of everything from iPhone architecture to how the First Amendment should be interpreted.

Of course he does all this for PC World, so we forgive him. He may be an opinionated loudmouth, but he'sour opinionated loudmouth.
:rofl Freudian Slip methinks.

US tourist hitches rickshaw, weds driver in a week: report

Fri Sep 25, 12:02 PM NEW DELHI (AFP) - A 26-year-old American tourist travelling in Indiahitched a ride in a rickshaw last week and married the driver a fewdays later, a report said Friday.

Whitneyfrom Chicago met her prince charming in Jaipur in Rajasthan, a statewest of the capital famous for its stately palaces, after hailing amotorised rickshaw and hiring the driver for her stay in the city, theMail Today newspaper said.

"On the third day, he surprised me by popping the question," Whitneytold the paper. "'I want to spend the rest of my life with you', hetold me. I fell in love."

After meeting last Saturday they were married on Wednesday in asimple ceremony. Whitney was pictured in the paper, standing with newhusband Harish Hotala, wearing a traditional sari that covered her head.

The paper said Hotala was "a cabbie with a difference," however."Though a school dropout, he is fluent in English and owns threeautorickshaws," it said.

Whitney, whose surname wasn't given by the paper, is to fly back to the US on September 30 to face her parents.

"My father was surprised but my mother took it sportingly," she said.

Flag found to be missing 7 stars

SAN ANTONIO, Sept. 28 (UPI) -- A San Antonioaquatics center said it has replaced its U.S. flag after someone pointed out it had only 43 stars.

The Northside Independent School District Aquatics Center said the 43-star flag, which would have been correct during the Benjamin Harrison administration in 1890, was a mistake by San Antonio manufacturer, Allied Advertising, KSAT-TV, San Antonio, reported Monday.

"We assume that when you order a flag or purchase a flag it has the 50 stars," NISD Aquatics Director Scott Zolinski said. "We went on good faith that when you purchase the item that it was the real thing."

Allied Advertising, which replaced the flag at no cost, said the flawed flag was created by a designer who is no longer with the company.

"Just a simple mistake, that's all," Jesse Castoreno of Allied Advertising said.

"We don't have stock art, so it was created," Castoreno said. "Nobody looked at it, apparently."

How could someone not have noticed that right away? xD:

Tourist poo killed rare shrimp

September 29, 2009 • 2:59 pm

An Australian wildlife scientist claims people relieving themselveson top of Uluru, a large sandstone rock formation in the NorthernTerritory, has killed off a rare species of inland shrimp.

Brian Timms, a retired university professor, says the small fairyshrimp that once lived in pools on top of Uluru, also known as AyersRock, have not been seen in collections since the 1970s.

Timms believes his research shows the localized extinction of theBranchinella Latzi shrimp is due to people “peeing… and pooing” on therock.

A tour guide of the area told news media last month that touristsclimbing the rock are sometimes defecating at the top because there areno toilets available, ABC news reports.

A draft management plan for the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Parkproposes banning climbers from the rock for cultural, safety andenvironmental reasons.

Plight of the fairy shrimp. Who knew?

Save a shrimp… poo poo in your hand.

Tourist poo killed rare shrimp

September 29, 2009 • 2:59 pm

Plight of the fairy shrimp. Who knew?

Save a shrimp… poo poo in your hand.
As my grandmother always said "Wish in one hand and s#!+ in the other and see which one fills up faster" xD:

" That Stinks "
44 Tons of rotting meat
Once the power was cut and spring thaw arrived, nature took over. And enough rotting meat to fill a high school gym did exactly what you'd expect: It stank.

It stank at the bank. It smelled at the law office. It reeked at the cafe. Even the jewelry store wasn't immune. Everyone in this tiny town could smell it, everywhere they went. A putrid odor so downright nasty the cleaners sent to mop up the gooey mess of liquefied meat — topped by a blanket of swarming white maggots and buzzed by a legion of flies — gave up after two days.

Back