• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

We Have the Storm Engine!

The CoAS worldmap coding is different from the PotC coding, which doesn't help as far as that's concerned. :facepalm

That's true. However, we do have a "update" of PotC map which at least has "properly shaped" "post-stock" islands (like Jamaica, Puerto Rico, etc).

I'm not really sure if we should use this, or import a map from CoAS (assuming it would be doable) though, because we would then "be forced" to "borrow" those islands for 3D sailing mode, which otherwise would greatly differ from map view. That, in turn, would change looks in ports (I mean, in port there would be some landscape, but upon entering 3D sailing mode it would change drastically to something completely different). Besides, we would have no use to existing locations, which are very interesting; additionally, I hate (and I believe that majority of modders here) to dump anything from a game.

pirate_kk

You're right; replacing the worldmap would become very complicated very quickly.
I reckon we should move over to CoAS eventually, but keep what we've got for PotC.
No need to create more work for ourselves since we've already got so many things still left to finish.

I don't think importing the world map idea is possible, the setup is different, as CoAS uses island areas.....look at the world map models of PoTC and CoAS and compare in GM viewer before trying any coding so as not to waste your time. It maybe possible through code but :shrug

I only assumed that even if importing a map would ever be possible there's not much sense in doing this. The amount of time and effort to achieve this goal is much greater than possible benefits, even not counting that some location would have to be thrown away. I do have those differences in mind, since they're present also in (earier game) AoP: CT. So, I don't even plan to do such thing and, what more, not encourage others to try to do it.

pirate_kk

That's true. However, we do have a "update" of PotC map which at least has "properly shaped" "post-stock" islands (like Jamaica, Puerto Rico, etc).
Who made this updated worldmap?

We "just" need to add the American Continent, if I can say....(even if the worldmap is not perfect like the Coas'one. What we need are cities like Puerto-bello, Vera cruz, Maraïcabo, Cartagena)

If it was possible to do that, we could continue our work with Potc..

To Pieter : Convert the BuildMod to Coas is a hugggggeee work. And seeing we are spending a lot of time only to finish Build 14. I prefer not to think how many years we´ll need to convert it. :facepalm
Without telling, as you said once, there are many features better in Potc than Coas..

I don't think the PotC code supports large land masses as well as CoAS does. :facepalm

CoAS is the most similar to PotC, so the only platform we could port to.
Additionally we've got the source code, which means we can do more than we can for PotC.
So I think it's the only real option we've got.

However, I'm not even sure if I'll care once Build 14 is done; after all,
there's quite a while to go yet before we even get that done.
And porting would be an absolutely mammoth task that we definitly don't have the people for.
So all I can say really is "well see what happens". :facepalm

Hi,
Porting is already underway realy with the CMV mods....there'll be a lot of work to do to port the whole build,granted, but the people working on CoAS here up to date have made quite some impresive progress.
When we all start working on it it's buissiness as usual I suppose.
Even so, improvements to the build will still probably carry on....I for one will still give input.It's not as if we're going to leave it for dead once it's finished....I hope.

BTW...WTF...this fresh monitor is playing up now....best get working fast before this damned thing dies as well.

Is it possible to add the American Continent (non-realistic one) in the margin of the worldmap (where the ships don't sail)? At least, we could add the cities I talked before..

Don't count on it. Best you can do is probably adding Isla Mona style islands with the towns on them in more-or-less the correct position.

Did you install it from the Build 14 Beta 1 installer? Because I accidentally swapped some stuff,
in which case maybe you accidentally installed SwiftShader instead, which could be an explanation for the lag.

My recommendation: Don't install the additional stuff from the main modpack installer.
Instead, get the seperate downloads from http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/downloads .
I recently redid those to include uninstaller batch files as well.

Back