• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Weather - High Waves Mod & SKIES Upd.6

I agree, I wish it would be possible. Mind we are coming out of not a full realistic representation of the reality and we mod it further based on this. It will necessarily look well somewhere and somewhere not.

p.s. Updated the Op with the final versions, Standart and Elongated 2.

Ok. I am going to experiment a little more myself. With the LOD at 6 it looks good to me in mild seas and storms. It is the medium seas that are a problem.

On mine it made the squares larger. As much as twice as large. But, there is text that says that the LOD should be set at 4 because of the bump.zap used, so I went back to 4.
I have spent the day tinkering with the settings and have ended up right back with the stock settings. The only way to change the shape of the waves properly is to enable the sea harmonics that are currently disabled because they cause the ship to jerk around badly.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :facepalm

Is there any code controlling wave length? If so, having that dependent on the height should be quite possible. No?

You would have to ask someone who understands the coding that question. I have no ideer.

There is a code for wave length but not of wave height. There is general height of sea surface whatever that should mean and in whatever relation that should be to the other parameters. Experimenting with these has so far produced no improving results. Which leads me to the idea that the general scripting does not allow much changes to the sea. And is perhaps why they have gone to the AoPs engine.

On mine it made the squares larger. As much as twice as large. But, there is text that says that the LOD should be set at 4 because of the bump.zap used, so I went back to 4.
I think that text actually refers to a different line, not the LOD line.

The OP is updated with two new versions of 12.08.2013 which make waves less steep finally. Old ones removed.

Pls report availability of the uploading.com link.

Everything seemed to download correctly. All I did at uploading.com was sit there reading the instructions and it auto completed the download. Too easy.

That's great, allthough I have an account there, when I am not logged in, it keeps giving me exe.s to install some crapppy stuff...

Back