• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Weird Floating Effects due to BuildingSet Colliders

Mirsaneli

Privateer
Storm Modder
Ok, not 100% sure if this is a bug, but still, it happened. I took the room in Port Royale tavern until morning. Left the room and was heading downstairs to leave the tavern, and this is what happened. Suddenly, I was able to walk through the air and even through the fence upstairs. I was also able to go to that man on the picture who is sitting by the table (of course, on his side of table and was touching the fence).

Untitled.jpg

Were you using sidestep at all? If not, please see if you can consistently replicate the problem.

I might have a clue on the culprit. And I think @Levis does too..... :rolleyes:

Were you using sidestep at all? If not, please see if you can consistently replicate the problem.

I might have a clue on the culprit. And I think @Levis does too..... :rolleyes:

No, I don't use sidestep. I never liked it :D I will try to see if it happens again and report back.

It happens very often now after the update. Sometimes you can get stuck in a
table too. Its not only you, but it happens to other characters in the game too.
So I have to enable sidestep to play this update without getting stuck. Also on
boarding I have seen the enemy crew up in the air. Sometimes the innkeeper
is stuck to.

Got a savegame from when you are floating?

It happens very often now after the update. Sometimes you can get stuck in a
table too. Its not only you, but it happens to other characters in the game too.
So I have to enable sidestep to play this update without getting stuck. Also on
boarding I have seen the enemy crew up in the air. Sometimes the innkeeper
is stuck to.

And the innkeeper problem also. They get stuck when walking and you cannot talk to them until they stop moving. Also sometimes guards push me way to far when speaking to innkeeper just because their movement is very random...

Same problem in Speightstown... I was basically flying through the coast until I fell to the ground at some point...

Untitled.jpg

At the bottom of PROGRAM\globals.c set this value to 0:
Code:
#define BUILDING_COLLISION   1     // Levis: Avoid walking through specific BuildingSet structures
See if that makes the problem go away.

At the bottom of PROGRAM\globals.c set this value to 0:
Code:
#define BUILDING_COLLISION   1     // Levis: Avoid walking through specific BuildingSet structures
See if that makes the problem go away.

This fixed the issue in Port Royal tavern and in Speightstown and I guess in every other part of the Caribbean where it might have occured. I will test more, but now everything is back to normal! Thanks a lot, Pieter!

This fixed the issue in Port Royal tavern and in Speightstown and I guess in every other part of the Caribbean where it might have occured. I will test more, but now everything is back to normal! Thanks a lot, Pieter!
Thanks for confirming. Then at least we know what is the culprit, even if we don't yet know why. :wp

Yup disable it for now.
Its only in there now to get some feedback. I don't expect to get it polished enough anyways for a public release.

I'll disable it for the next internal release. At least we know the problem is still there.
To be investigated some time later then.... :doff

Quest The Battle of Aguadilla, after rescuing Martin Urguiz, fighting back to ship through Dungeon.
After I kill bandit on the stairs , corpse was "Bartolomeu o Portugese" !
Next step, at the last one of the blue color stairs, Bartolomeo stuck in the air.
upload_2015-12-8_14-11-4.png

upload_2015-12-8_14-12-50.png

Attachments

• error.log
    212 bytes · Views: 92
  • -=Player=- Antigua. Cellar July 29th, 1662 3.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
Build Version: Sunday 29 November 2015
Build 14 Beta 4 WIP

On boardings also, when running from quarter deck or upper deck to lover decks, or main deck, flaying through air instead of going down the stairs.
But this one now is stuck.

Attachments

• compile.log
    4.6 KB · Views: 93
Changed that value from 1 to 0, and that solved the problem, passed that critical point at the stairs, am out of Dungeon....
Thanks Peter.:doff

Back