• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Wethers

danitim1

Sanka Da Vinci
Storm Modder
How can I adjust the clarity on Weather on CoAS game?:ko
I want to make storms darker

How about doing a search of the COAS files with the word "weather" and then experimenting with the numbers in the files you find.

Could u be more especific?
No.

I could but I wont. If you want to mod any game, you learn how the game is put together. You learn its filing structure, where things are and what things do and how stuff interrelates. Then you experiment. It usually take quite a while just to get acquainted with how the game is put together. Once you know, then you can mod. Its not something we have time to spell out for you in a guide. Bottom line....you have to learn it yourself, like everyone else here that mods did.

MK

No.

I could but I wont. If you want to mod any game, you learn how the game is put together. You learn its filing structure, where things are and what things do and how stuff interrelates. Then you experiment. It usually take quite a while just to get acquainted with how the game is put together. Once you know, then you can mod. Its not something we have time to spell out for you in a guide. Bottom line....you have to learn it yourself, like everyone else here that mods did.

MK
While that attitude has its place, I'd like to make the point that we shouldn't adhere to it all the time. I'm not commenting on this particular instance, but I think that education has proven its value in allowing progress to take place.

OK I agree in part. I have been shown lots of things by modders here over time. I couldn't have learned what I know now without them - but I learned way more on my own than from anyone here. Also no one helped me before I had shown my commitment to learn how the game actually worked and its structure. It was four or five months before anyone seriously started to help me and Luke. Luke159 and myself were virtually alone when we first learned to port POTC's ships over to COAS. We were alone when we first started testing RTBL. We were blown off as noobs numerous times while we struggled to learn. Only when we exhibited that we actually knew where stuff was and were struggling in the right directions, did guys like Pieter, Drow and JA step in to help us.

Lets take Jonesie for instance. He stepped in here suddenly and started asking really smart questions right off because he was digging and learning and trying things. I've never seen anyone on our team learn how the game is put together so fast. That's how you learn to mod. Just look at Jonesie's posts. There's dozens of them. He doesn't ask how to mod or change weather. He rolled up his sleeves and took a long look at things and tried some things out before he started asking questions. When he started asking how to specifically change this or that attribute and what other things it would affect - he got good answers in response. I would suggest if someone wants to learn to mod, they read Jonesie's posts and look at the kinds of questions he was asking - and the discourse that ensued.

If anyone has the time and desire to write the "How to Mod 101" manual with all of the tutorials we have around here, I applaud them. I wouldn't presume because I am still learning stuff myself. My answer was a good answer and the right answer - and I would bet most other modders if they took the time to answer would say the same thing.

If he wants to learn about how weather works he should find the weather files and familiarize himself with whats there and how it might work. From there he can see what numbers might cause changes and play with them - observing the results in many tests to follow. If I was to give him more exact answers than that right now he wouldn't even understand what I was talking about anyway.

Methinks MK has a decent attitude on this position. Those who get the most help are those who learn the best questions to ask.

No.

MK
Im doing things for my own here like i retextured things, changed some scripts i am just asking something that i havent learned yet, if you dont want to help just let other people answer the post. I think you should give a chance to newbies and im not jsut porting on this forum, im doin things for my own.

Back