• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help What did I do wrong - graphic problems

V

Valium

Hi guys once again.

My computer broke some times ago and I had to install new system. Now, I've got Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Fortunately, I kept all my files for all games and after a few months, I decided to play Age of Pirates 2 once again. I installed the game, installed GOF ( now I've got 204 Beta V1 DEV like before ), installed some my favorite mods and my save. Everything works fine but there's also one thing which I don't like, don't understand and I don't know where the problem is. Is it possible I replaced something else ? Does it require re-installing my game ( I wouldn't do this because it takes a lot of time... ).

Look, what's the problem.
I took a few photos. It's a kind of graphic problem. I noticed that it appears with naval flags, some trees and some fences ( near governor ) and also with some ships' ropes.

start-2015-09-25-16-15-51-52.jpg

start-2015-09-25-16-16-51-62.jpg

start-2015-09-25-16-18-12-10.jpg

start-2015-09-25-16-33-04-60.jpg

start-2015-09-25-16-21-06-48.jpg

I've got no clue WHY that might be happening, but it is a problem with the displaying of alpha maps.
Those gray areas are meant to be transparent parts of the texture files.

What type of graphics are you using, and do you have the latest drivers installed?

Radeon HD6790, I have the latest drivers installed.

My computer broke a few months ago, it had got windows 7. Now, I've got the same computer but with windows 8.1. The rest is the same.

You know what?
I turned on game today and I played about 4 hours. I didn't notice that problem today.

The issue is graphics related for sure, so your video card and its drivers are the prime suspects. I had a 6970 and it ran these games great with no problems. It could be that your 6790 is getting old and starting to fail, or perhaps the drivers got corrupted.

It's not a problem with alphamaps but a problem with alpha states and blending modes. If you switch operating system and maybe some of the features are unavailable and so the alpha blending modes gets distorted. The whiteness definitely reminds me of bad alpha blending mode, but it could be anything really.

To me, it looks as if you're blending with a bool blend type, either visible or not visible, because the whiteness around the object tells me there are no variation in the alpha values.

Back