• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What does marriage actually do?

Green Jacket

Sailor Apprentice
Was just wondering what it actually does in game.

All that I can see is when I visit the other half she gets all soppy about how she misses me or the like..... :bird:

I presume it's simply a role playing feature with nothing else apart from a fame boost?

You got it. There was once the intention to add more to it, but that never happened.

Was just wondering what it actually does in game.

All that I can see is when I visit the other half she gets all soppy about how she misses me or the like..... :bird:

I presume it's simply a role playing feature with nothing else apart from a fame boost?
It probably means you can't chat up any more governors' daughters. Alternatively you can chat them all up, have a girl in every port, have them all get soppy about missing you, and get a -1 reputation for spending a night. Then go into the nearest mansion, find the girl in the bedroom, tell her she's beautiful and you don't want to do anything naughty, and get your reputation back. That's a pirate's life. :D

Also concerning when you go to the church....

Are you suppose to go to the church or is it suppose to be an imaginary wedding? :diomed

No church-going involved. It is set up fairly simple.

Hmmnnn..I wonder..:checklist:p:D
It was supposed to be some special quests or something you can only get from your wife as she would have a link to the aristocratic class.

Well, we can still do that for Hearts of Oak some time.
And if anyone cares about doing it for PotC, I'll still happily include it in the next Build Mod.

Back