• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Poll What of brothels?

Should brothels be in game

• Remove them all together

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What mod are you talking about? :?

If your refering to the bangs and fireworks suggestion, that was a suggestion, no one is working on it :no

Or, maybe instead of them being dirty and suggestive places to waste money, we could make it that it raises your expirience and you pay money to level up but you loose reputation every time you do so. At least they would have a purpose in the game.

AHHHHH... Do you think we should make brothels enabled all the time (get rid of another option) :shrug

Enable all the time. Brothels are no big deal. They are reffered to in history class, reffered to in every western movie. The key is to not put anything gratuitious in them. You need not refer to their 'daily' purpose whatsoever. There really is no need to be prudish, just don't be gratutious. "You can find Half-cocked Jack entertaining himself at the brothel," is as gratuitious as anyone needs to be. Also there should always be a gambler in the brothel, too. In case you don't see one in the Tavern, you can pick up a card game.

Come on, there is nothing bad with brothels (in game I mean). I think they're made good - few jokes, no real XXX stuff.
And about quests? If one takes quest and has brothels off it'll just sit in his questbook since hes good boy and doesnt want to turn this on.
Of course if they'd start in brothel there would be no problem I guess.

I dont think loosing reputation would be... sensible. I mean its just a brothel - probably most fellas with money go there. Not just the bad guys.
Some bonuses would be nice, but why there should be bonuses for brothel/barmaid and no for eventual ladies player can meet (like relationship between Danielle/Nataniel - its a little strange seeing her face every time we go to brothel :D I'm just saying)

Maybe crew morale should rais up for some time, since their captain finally has good mood...

I understand why some people wouldnt want it on, which is fine. It is a mod, you should have the ability to turn on and off certain functions, like this one. So i think having the mod on or off should effect the quests behaviors. For instance if the quest did require the brothel, but the mod is off, then that person is else where instead, like the tavern. But if the mods on, then hes obviously in the brothel.

I also liked the suggestion that you could gain something from it. But if thats the case there should be some disadvantages... not many i can think of though xD since the brothels were one of the places the pirates and sailors went to while on shore to spend their money. xD.. maybe it could effect your later quests somehow.. or the prices that everythings bought and sold at.

I'd like it if things worked regardless of whether the mod is on or off, but that would require a bit of recoding. Not extensively though, I don't think...

your a bunch of moral knigt's :p
ofcours leave them on, i mean you can alway's choos to not enter the building

but eh, i'm just dutch :)
in my case there defoult on in real life :p

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the brothels because they are not bad whatsoever. They may be a bit "inappropriate" or "suggestive", but isn't just about anything in this day and age, especially with all of that sexual innuendo in Disney movies and other films for families. It seems that people get more worked out about that than Brothels. Labeling brothels as "Bad" or "Good" puts a moral judgement on them and the people that go or work there. Brothels are not bad because it makes it sound bigoted (for example "If you go to a brothel you are a bad person") which is ridicules because someone's minor choices such as having an affair or going to a brothel should not affect there character. Just because I am saying that it is not "bad" (sorry, I just hate black and white moral judgements, lol) does not necessarily mean it is "good" either as one would be better off getting married (to a governor's daughter or Danielle or Isabella from CoAS for example). I think we should keep the brothels but turn them into a more historically accurate place as the current dialog with the prostitutes are kinda modern and kinda on the disturbing side. We should change it to be more like the dialog in CoAS. Like I said earlier, we should be able to gain a level or experience for going to the brothel, but we should have to loose -1 reputation. We should also have an option set in place which you can raise your crew's moral through the brothel instead of paying them money to raise it (that should be the option if the brothel is turned off). At the moment, Assassin is the only storyline that requires the brothel to be on, so we could change it so that Lady Gaga is a barwench instead of a prostitute if the brothel mod is turned off.

For instance if the quest did require the brothel, but the mod is off, then that person is else where instead, like the tavern. But if the mods on, then hes obviously in the brothel.

My quest requires the Nevis brothel to be on. I solved it by letting the quest (= code) open it temporary even if it's turned off.

Hi, question everyone. I've been away forever and thought I would try out the new build. It is even more incredible than the last time I was playing. Nice job everyone who is working on it!

I turned on the brothel mod, but I'm not sure if things are working properly. I went to Alice Town and there is brothel there, but when I go in, it is just an empty opium den room with no one in there. (Also as an aside, is there a tavern in Alice Town? I couldn't find one of those either) Is there a brothel in Grand Turk? I assume there would be one since it is the pirate island, but I couldn't find one.

Thanks to anyone who can answer any of these questions!

Hey Doober, long time no see! Welcome back, mate! :cheers

The tavern in Alice Town is right in front of the dock, to the left. It has a big sign above the door.

Looks like you're right on that brothel though. Nothing there at all.
And I do wonder why it even exists, because I did NOT switch on the brothel mod and it is still there. o_O

Turks doesn't have a brothel. Many towns don't. I never really saw the point and purpose of them either.
They see some quest use here and there, but that's about it. :shrug

Great, thanks! I must say, you have done an absolutely wonderful job with this game. I don't even recognize it from the stock game anymore.

Back