• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Poll What of brothels?

Should brothels be in game

• Remove them all together

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
At the current time absolutly nothing :no

They are just there because well there was brothels all over the caribbean at this point in history

The brothel dialogue is pretty tame. About what adults say at a costume party. Hehe. And nothing like what goes on at the Exotic Erotic Ball at Baghdad by the Bay where some people walk around wearing nothing but body paint and meter long strapons. :8q

I like the serving wenches asking if I would like to sample their charms better. :)) And then there is the thrill of messing around with the Governor's daughters and nieces. But you lose rep with them. :doff

I have no problem with the actual location in general, but you should change the dialog because they didn't talk like that in a 17th century brothel. Also, it should generate experience points or skill points you pay for with the gold. Also, each girl in there could generate better points, but you would have to pay more. Also, you should make the madame in a room of her own where you talk to her.

How 'bout instead of that noisy noise in the main hall, we play this song, just for kicks. It could be turned off in the realism mod though.

"they didn't talk like that in a 17th century brothel"

well i think there's difference between the brothel for example in Tortuga and Governor Harbor. There's brothel for the rich and poor people and the languages was different in this two place. The actual dialogue in the brothel don't disturb me but i think it's more the kind of language for the brothel in Tortuga or Turks.
it can be fun to have two kind of brothel, "victorian" type and "commoner" type with there own kind of langages. they're always two differents brothel, the class one and those who look like a tavern.

Can I activate Brothels during the game or do I have to start a new game to activate them? Because I read that I need Brothels active to be able to play this Pirate Lords Quest.

Moreover I have absolutely no problem with Brothels in games.

If your playing patch 1 then that quest works without brothels activated now ;)

However having said that I dont think you can get up to that stage with keeping the good code there :facepalm

If you did the quest_reaction walk around, as soon as you have talked to Tia Dalma swap the quest_reaction.c back with the patch 1 version and hopefully it will be fine :yes

You got me! I indeed did the quest_reaction walkaround but I haven't switched it back yet. (Beginning of CotBP)

Nevertheless Brothels would be quite nice. :D

In Build 14 Beta 1, you can't enable/disable mods during the playing of the game, I'm afraid. :no

In Build 14 Beta 1, you can't enable/disable mods during the playing of the game, I'm afraid. :no

And what happens if I just did it? Hopefully nothing at all.
I also changed some other things in the advanced options. For example that ships surrender or that I can't see a ship's nationality on the worldmap.

Now I'm quite sad that there are no Brothels for me. :(

Can I change the quest_reactions back to patched version at the beginning of CotBP? Should everything work fine?

Your changes should take effect next time you start a new game I think.

But a ship has already surrendered to me and it seems that no nationalities despite pirates are shown on the Worldmap.

So where could I find a Brothel?

Alright, here are the locations

Quebros Costillas on Nevis: Near the Captain's house (I bet I know why)

Charlestowne on Nevis: Far left side of port (blends in with a shipyard)

Point La Pitre on Guadaloupe: Across from Governor's palace (Bet he is a frequent costumer)

King's Port on Eluethera: Next to Tavern (Most expensive)

La Tortue on Tortuga: Behind Tavern (French Women most likely)

Any Tavern: If you choose the correct dialog with a barmaid, it is implied that there is something going on upstairs given the fact you are in a room, but she is gone and never comes. It is good that you get a free room though!

Depending on if you have done the Chevalle quest it may work... if you have done it, then Im afraid it is probably a no :( (this is for the quest reaction)

As I haven't done the Chevalle Quest, I'll switch the quest_reactions. (But there was this Villanueva in the Townhall of Tortuga) But I have more Savegames, EG. after Davy Jones.

Yep he is in the townhall instead of the brothel if the brothels are disabled, but the quest wont work unless you have the right quest_reaction.c and now you need to do Chevalle :cheeky

Back