• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What Other PC Games Does Everyone Play?

Mine didnt seem to mind Windows 7 to much... but it hated my brothers computer (also Windows 7) xD:

it's almost the same game, really. except that they drastically improved the citizen pathing. thank goodness for that, it was a nightmare. it was like trying to guide an unstable bomb through a china shop. one badly-placed intersection and WOOPS there goes the neighbourhood.

Yep. That's why I took all the military missions in C3. I am still amazed that I managed to beat Damascus. The desert levels were a pain. Houses catching on fire everywhere. Not to mention the prosperity levels you had to maintain. The fact that people where able to beat Massila and London makes me question their sanity.

Pharaoh seems to have the best gameplay but the Egyptian theme does get stale quite quickly. Zeus was dumbed down version with a Greek theme. I did enjoy Zeus because of it's cartoony theme and it's humor. Zeus had a diplomacy system thrown in, allowing you to wage wars, demand tribute send goods you don't need off. Emperor which I haven't tried (still have it lying around somewhere), is supposed to have exact gameplay as Zeus with a Chinese theme with multiplayer thrown in. I enjoyed Caesar the most and it had the best music and theme of all the city builders.

i'm not sure, but i think i managed london quite well. required a truly massive army at one point though. on second thought, i don't think it was london. i was fighting atilla, i think. that was fun. my record stands on more than 15000 inhabitants in a sandbox map. at that point i could just plant an area of housing somewhere and they went of to small insulae without adding any other buildings. have you ever taken a look at the game's historical footnotes? it's like an in-game roman wikipedia.

i still think that, even in comparison to modern city builders, ceasar 3 was simply a very well-designed game. it's system of economical logistics is like nothing i've ever seen since.

i remember that one. my main problem was that i was forced to build my city near an enemy entry point, since it had one on each side of the map, which were also the places best for construction. that, and the prosperity rating. i can never seem to balance plebs and villas. i could achieve 100 culture if i'd like though.

KOTOR 1 had an awesome storyline, where as KOTOR 2 wasnt quite as good, I did like the tie in with the first one though :yes

Dont like the way they are going with the series though making it a MMORPG

My girl and I loved Auto-Assault. Were both very sad when it shut down.

Cap'n Drow

I only got to play for the demo period, since it took me ages to finally find a boxed copy, and by the time I did, it was only a few weeks away from shutting down. Loved every bit of it.
yes.gif

I used to play a lot more games, including WoW and such, but now, I only have PotC and Sid Meier's Pirates. That's enough for me. :onya

Been spending my time on EIC Director's Cut - its relaxing and I can watch TV while gaming
icon_wink.gif

Also translating it to Danish, which is very timeconsuming but relaxing.

Not modding it, though. The only modding-effort that would make sense to that game, would be to replace The Holy Empire as a colonization nation - their presence is not historical correct, but then again neither would Venice or the Ottoman Empire. The only replacements I can think of that would make sense are Russia and the Brandenburger-Prussia league, but the ladder did not have the resources to fight for their colonies, nor did they have a very large fleet on their own.
In both cases, their respective homeports St. Petersburg and Pommern, are both inaccessable due to the heightmap blocking the path into the Baltic Sea. Bummer...And that map is not modable (although loading a certain .bin file into Notepad reveals some kind of ASCII map of the world, its impossible to change anything without crashes).

I have recently become ingrossed in COD: Modern Warfare 2... Ive had all of the CODs but this is the first one I have actually got into playing ;)

Freelancer was a really fun game... wish I still had a copy

Still my favourite game: FREELANCER!!!

I off and on run a modified freelancer server myself. Really wish M$ would release the source code to the community like they did with Allegiance.

Cap'n Drow

I'm back to playing Settlers: Rise of an Empire. I just wish there was a way to disable the population limit. There's just something about that game that's...I don't know...relaxing, I guess.

Back