• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What Other PC Games Does Everyone Play?

First impressions of Just Cause 2: Wow. :woot Just Wow. :woot

In the span of 30 minutes, I killed a helicopter by jumping a troop truck on top of it, killed another one by dropping a tower crane on top of it, partook in the slowest car chase on the planet involving me in a Tuk Tuk being chased by five tanks, three APCs, and four jeeps - until I drove the little bastard into a bunch of above-ground gas tanks. :cheeky Big boom. REALLY big boom. :cheeky

Then the game crashed. :urgh

Something those playing the Just Cause 2 demo might be interested in:

from the just cause 2 thread on somethingawful

Download this and extract it so the folder inside is in your Just Cause 2 Demo install folder, probably C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\just cause 2 demo\ :
http://ul.to/sd9a68
Quote:
- Demo time limit 'removed'.
- Demo map limit removed.
- Introduction cutscenes removed.
- All vehicles in the demo available through black market for free.
- All weapons in the demo available through black market for free.
- Upgrades for vehicles and weapons are free.
- Spiffy black market images for all of the vehicles since the demo didn't have
them.

Note: This DOES NOT unlock the whole game - it only greatly extends the demo timer and allows a little more exploration of a small amount of the game world - you'll find borders to it do exist, in the form of missing bridges and nonexistent scenery.

:woot Don't know what Oblivion mod this came from, just drool :woot
med_gallery_1531_129_78871.jpg

may even be from a different mod :sail :keith
med_gallery_1531_129_94704.jpg

Look at the system specs for Metro 2033:
Minimum System Requirements:

* Dual core CPU (any Core 2 Duo or better will do)
* DirectX 9, Shader Model 3 compliant graphics cards (GeForce 8800, GeForce GT220 and above)
* 1GB RAM

Recommended System Requirements:

* Any Quad Core or 3.0+ GHz Dual Core CPU
* DirectX 10 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 260 and above)
* 2GB RAM

Optimum System Requirements:

* Core i7 CPU
* NVIDIA DirectX 11 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 480 and 470)
* As much RAM as possible (8GB+)
* Fast HDD or SSD

The game is great, too bad it isn't free roam, you can walk freely in the stations but they are small.

The latest issue of GameInformer magazine http://multiplayernetwork.net/newsimages/rdr_coming_pc.jpg has confirmed the Red Dead Redemption PC version being in development. Been in dark until now, watch this month's issue of Game Informer to confirm the news. The game has been planned for xbox 360 and playstation 3 originally but it might now release on PC as well, if the news about the Red Dead Redemption PC version appears to be true.

Well there has been negligible chances of failure of this news as Game Informer has a track of providing true news to the readers. There has been an image of the game in the magazine along with an article on it where it has been mentioned to come for Pc platform as well. If you have a magazine with you right now, just open it and go to the game's page. There you will see Red Dead Redemption marked for PC platform as well, so this means that the game is coming on PC also.

Well this news about Red Dead Redemption PC version has been confirmed by Game Informer magazine only and not by the Rockstar, the official authority of the game. So we have to wait for more to see an official announcement regarding the Red Dead Redemption PC game. If Rockstar confirms it then watch it releasing simultaneously with the console release, that's my guess. It won't be wrong

:woot :warr :warr :woot

Yep, it will have 250 cars, and the maps from Most Wanted and Carbon. As it's an EA game I wonder what will cost money.

Seems playing JC2 for more than an hour results in a BSOD, at least for me. Doesn't do it on any other game, so I don't think it's my computer. :urgh

I have played so many games i can't remember half of them but out of the ones i have played the list bellow are games i still play or will again one day.

COAS (the only game i do play/test at the moment)
POTC (not playing at the moment but will one day)
Stronghold 2 (a game based in the medevel very addictive and can play online with up to 8 player's)
Imperial Glory
The Sims 3 + all current expantion packs
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (when i fly its only online with friends from my flight sim forum)
Children Of The Nile (a well designed game worth looking into if you have never played it)
Sim City 4 ( i love building cities and will try almost any building game)
Formula 1 Manager (will try most management games)

I will leave it at that, as you can see most of the games i go for a simulators or building games i don't go for 1sr person shoot em ups or puzzle games, COAS is the closest i will ever get to them kind of games. I play chess sometimes but most of the time i'm to tired to play.

Back