• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What would you like to see in Humberto Diaz's storyline?

Peter Blood

Privateer
As you all know, I have begun work on a brand new storyline for Build 14 last month entitled El Patron, short for El Patron De Padres Del Fuego (The Patriarch of Our Father of Fire). It includes aspects such as Adventure, War, History, sailing, and romance. Though the storyline is my creation and it is my job to create everything, I try to let the general public of this website help out to. to begin, I am asking the general public what they would like to see in this mod. For you to get a good idea, here are the current features.

1: An original character based around the romanticized 16th century conquistidora

2: An epic 40 hour single player campaign

3: New islands, both real and ficticious, to be explored

4: New weapons and party members

5: Differet choices and paths which could potentialy lead to different outcomes

6: Epic tie-ins with other storylines such as Jack Sparrow and Nathaniel Hawk (TBD)

1. Sounds good

2. Sounds good also

3. I wouldn't bother adding new islands. We haven't yet fully filled the ones we have, nor made full use of them.

4. We've already got dozens of weapon types, with more to be added once we get the Period Weapons mod sorted out.
I wouldn't bother adding more than we already have and just get to writing the storyline.

5. That's always a good idea for replay value, though I recommend not doing it straight away.
Code one path to begin with (to keep it simple), then you can add new paths later once you're comfortable with storyline coding.

6. Why bother? You could just make the story your own without requiring tie-ins with anyhing.

The main thing that interests me about this storyline is simply the Spanish flavour.
There is no other Spanish storyline, so the one thing I want to see is specific Spanish things, such as conquistadors, etc.

Though the character and the primary island are both fictitious, it will have real life events such as Cortes' second expedition into Mexico (temporary location) and even the epic city of Tenotchitlan.

Tenochtitlan we'd have to add, but I reckon that should be the only new location you'd really need.
Would be a cool location to have anyway. :yes

And CoAS DOES have a location model for that which we could... borrow.

And if we wanted to expand Tenotchtitlan, we could use the Inca Temple model as well (from PotC)

And what i meant by a movie tie in was that we could have Jack narrate the story or something, kind of like what Gibbs does in the HtC.

Could do, yes. But I don't really see the need.
But it's your story, do as you wish. :doff

It's YOUR storyline. What matters is if YOU think it'll add something. ;)

I do like the unique feel it does give HtC having narrated by Gibbs :yes

But like Pieter said, it is your storyline and if you want it narrated by captain Jack you can do it :onya

I just started the mod yesterday! It's very enjoyable to do So far, I created a duplicate Jack aubry storyline called el patron and changed the character outfit from master and commander to espianosa, the starting town to Santiago, and the starting year to 1520. I will probably do some more tomorow or late tonight.

You have actually done the hardest part now... and that is actually getting yourself to start :woot

Onya matey :onya

the starting year is 1520.

Haha.. I think Dacha's meaning was when is the storyline going to be ready??

By the way.. The Spanish were known at that time to have hoards of money and gold. You could do some treasure finding towards the end of the storyline, and then the Spanish could threaten your "love" if you don't give them the treasure and etc.

Good luck! :drunk

Back