• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

When is it going to be ready?

Akella Fan

Mephisto
When do you hope we will see the Build 14 Final? What is it going to happen afterwards? So many questions, so many answers...

We don't know honestly. "when it is done" is one answer i've seen given to this. Still a number of people are currently working on it and some good progress has been made in a few of the bigger bugs, so it's getting better all the time :cheers

Our current aim is to move onto Build 14 Beta 2 fairly soon, which will be the most stable platform to date.
We will use that to hopefully finish everything off, but no-one here can say how long that may take. :shrug
To be 'finished', I guess we need all the storylines done, and to have eliminated all known bugs. It's still a lot of work to do.

When and if we release a Build 14 Final, our ultimate aim would be to start porting everything over to the more modern Storm 2.8 engine from AoP2.
That would give the game a massive facelift, but also require a LOT of time and complex coding work. :wacko:
Whether that project goes ahead or not will likely be based on how many coders we have.
At the moment it's not very promising, but who knows what things will be like in a year or so...?

All I can say is that from the looks of it, no one is sure when anything will come out. :facepalm Just have to wait and do your best to help in the meantime...

All I can say is that from the looks of it, no one is sure when anything will come out. :facepalm Just have to wait and do your best to help in the meantime...

Well as Armada says, we'll move onto Beta 2 soon(in the next couple of months most likely, when Pieter get's back from sea), so that is the next big step and we will have sorted out the 'spinning left bug', hopefully the 'GA bug'(although not fixed completely it does seem to be going forward), and numerous other smaller issues. So there is progress, just not fast easy to predict progress.

Then how can I help? I cannot mod, but I want to help anyway

:onya Probably just by playing the Build Mod and reporting any bugs you find etc. Look in the FAQ thread for info on how best to help in that(like enabling 'error logging' etc). When i play i keep a notepad handy and anytime i see something that seems 'not right' or an obvious error/bug etc, i write it down. Then later i go and compare my list to the errors reported in the Bug Tracking forum, and report the ones i don't see mentioned(or can't find in the list). Playing the Build is really the first big step to helping us fix the problems, because unless people play it and report the problems it makes it much harder to fix them. Sadly you will in effect be a 'beta tester', but that is just the stage the project is in currently, and overall(i'm finding) it is pretty stable(95% for me on average), but there is still a way to go before we can say we have finished Build 14 Full.

Until I started working on ship rigging in May my primary job here was "lab rat". Guys are always throwing stuff out here and asking for opinions on it. Things like Bat O Port's period weapons mod and Baste's rebalanced fighting mod. No one is testing those now. I'm hip deep in crocodiles now and can't do it for them. There is plenty to do.

Back