• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved where are the fighting sounds ?

agentad

Privateer
Storm Modder
does anyone doesnt hear sounds like:

- when you draw your sword ?
- when you hit/hurt someone
- when you miss your fire ?
- fighter now do not say "i will cut your throat pig" or something like that
- no death sounds
- much more (mainly in melee)

but still have ambients and shot sounds ? (for example)

is it a new feature (to have less a mess of sounds) or its just me ?

cause of that most fight annoy me (all these awesome sounds were crazy on boarding i loved to hear all the men menacing and teh weapons making sounds) :/ should i reinstall ?

edit: seems a bug cause i even have no sounds for cannons or orders :( how only "some sounds" can disapear in game ?

edit2: new clean install, it works ! i need to do back my little tweak and check if bug finally left, im really curious how some bugs happen :modding

edit3: hmmmm well one of my file seems corrupting the sounds i will check what i tweaked grrrrrrr

edit4: i dont get where come from that bug, i bet it can be a bad file loading, i will put back teh originals files of the mod instead of my tweaked one to see if it works again

out of subject: why "flag choice" on deck cant be like tailor shop ? (each time you talk to a crewmember you can have random choices, i like them all and really want to try them all in personal as in pirate area !) or perhaps in the sail menu ?

Just to confirm those sounds work fine for me. You have it fixed for yourself now as well?

out of subject: why "flag choice" on deck cant be like tailor shop ? (each time you talk to a crewmember you can have random choices, i like them all and really want to try them all in personal as in pirate area !) or perhaps in the sail menu ?
At the moment, the flag selection is period-dependent. The other ones simply cannot be used.
Pirate_KK rewrote that code though to allow each flag to be accessible in some way and I'll be working on adapting that for Beta 3.
It's very complicated though and a lot of work. In progress though. :shrug

ok thanks for the info

about the sounds im testing but the sounds seems to leave again è_é im restoring defoult build files to get where it come from

here is the full report of what happens:

1) i install the game + 2.1 full + 2.5 light

2) i start the game to check, everything goes fine

3) i modify the files i wanted to tweak for my own game experience (and make a backup of each !)

here are the one i tweak:
- engine.ini
- BuildSettings.h
- console.c
- DefaultControls.h
- initItems.c
- InternalSettings.h
- Ships_init.c

4) (i delete option file) i start the game to play, two third of the sounds are gone in game

5) i delete all my tweaked files and restore all the backup (so i get back to 1) in theory)

6) (i delete option file) i start the game to play, still having the problem

=> i think a little detail is deleting the sounds playing, i will try a new clean install, start one time then restart a second time to see if it changes after 1st time, and then tweak again each file and restart game between each to get when it happens exactly :modding (i tweaked the files as i tweaked in 2.3 and older, so i dont get why it does that bug)

Strange; those files don't sound like they should influence the sounds. :facepalm

thats exactly what i think, im searching so è_é , i still cant realize it happens (i just wanted a new roleplay day x) )

(EDIT: out of subject => good to see EIC flag in golden age of piracy =) for the company !!!!!)

i really dont understand, now it works, i reinstalled for the third time and tested each time i tweaked one file (i even tweaked Greetings_alias.ini and greetings_english.c )

and now it is fully working, i still really dont get where the bug came from o_O

(EDIT: out of subject => good to see EIC flag in golden age of piracy =) for the company !!!!!)
Hmm... That's a PotC film fantasy flag. Technically, I'd say that's not so good.
But it is a side-effect of us moving the Standard storyline up one time-frame into the same period as the Jack Sparrow storyline.

and now it is fully working, i still really dont get where the bug came from o_O
Welcome to the wondrous world of computers! :modding

But the EIC was very real. It was the EIC that conquered India, not the British government. Flying that flag is just like flying a national flag.

I don't mean that the EIC isn't real. I mean that specific flag is a fantasy one.

Real one:
EITC_flag.png

PotC fantasy one:
EITC_Flag.png

:shrug

i already got this but i love too much the fantasy one (it remembers me the "Veerenedigde Ostindische Company" flag which is looking the best :D => the letters on the flag , real EIC looks like american ^^ but i like to see it on some trading ships :p )

Back