• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WHERE THE H*LL stay's build 11

Jopieseethoek

Master Mariner
Storm Modder
hi .. A month agow... was already asked when build 11 will come out...and they said over about 2 weeks.. now a month later and where is it :/ ?

:gday sorry.. too ecxited

What would you prefer, a bug ridden mod that is almost unplayable and keeps on crashing or a mod that works smoothly with virtually no problems?

If this is as large an update as Catalina and Grumblepunk are hinting then it will take a while to get it working properly. They might have found a new bug and it's taken them a little while to fix it.

They did say over 2 weeks and a month is over 2 weeks so they are on schedule.

Just be patient as I'm sure that the PMT want to release this mod as much as we want to play it, they just want to ensure that the number of problems that could crop up when it's release are cut down to a minimum.

Yep. Ive never modded POTC (apart from some personal taste easy tweaks), but i have modding experience in other games with major mod releases, and i know that you always end up exceding the estimated release time. :) But as Sirus_Drake pointed out, this is for good, believe me.

One advantage of a modder against a game developer is that you don't have the publishers telling you that you must release the game *now* to make more money. A modding team can take the necessary time to solve bugs and polish new features, given that the expectant gamers (like me in this case xD: ) don't explode into a violent orgy of blood and rhum demanding the modder's heads if the mod is not released immediately :gday

Me agree with sirus :) ,well me thinks that the modders are adding great features on it so we can play it happily :gday

There are a number of bugs we are still working out - I killed 61 smugglers in the dungeons on Oxbay this morning after they all attacked me in one massive group rush (then they surrendered, LOL!). Maybe they want the build released NOW, too! :gday

You killed them!?! Damn...I must really suck because they actually pushed me back OUT of the tunnels! 8)

There are a number of bugs we are still working out - I killed 61 smugglers in the dungeons on Oxbay this morning after they all attacked me in one massive group rush (then they surrendered, LOL!). Maybe they want the build released NOW, too!

surrendering in the tunnels? whaaat? WHAAAT!? whats goin on here you makin it for them to surrender in normal fights? or are u just saying that cuz u killed them all?

<!--`QuoteBegin-CatalinaThePirate`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CatalinaThePirate)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->There are a number of bugs we are still working out - I killed 61 smugglers in the dungeons on Oxbay this morning after they all attacked me in one massive group rush (then they surrendered, LOL!).  Maybe they want the build released NOW, too!   :cheers[/quote]

Har! 'at be sound'n like a lot of fun,61 of ddem must a bumped up yer experience points a bundle 8):

Nar, I got kicked out of the tunnel, checked my potion supply and ran back in only to die. Again and again and again and...face meets keyboard at 35 miles per hour. 8)

Both the massive enemies charging you and the surrendering are bugs that Nathan is working to fix. The surrender is weird. They ALL sheath weapons simultaneously and you get `1-2` free swings in, then they all draw and resume the attack.

hey Grumble...try to tell yer fine PMT that they should try to fix it where ye could have more than three officers with you at a time...it would make it feel more like you actually have ur crew come to land, instead of havin them at the ship ALL THE TIME... 8)

<!--`QuoteBegin-Grumblepunk`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grumblepunk)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->... The surrender is weird. They ALL sheath weapons simultaneously and you get `1-2` free swings in, then they all draw and resume the attack.[/quote]

Perhaps dem gents be union smugglers? :cheers: Stop fer a little work `slow-down`? :cheers Har! Dat be a feature not a bug! 8)

<!--`QuoteBegin-Fred_Bob`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fred_Bob)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Perhaps dem gents be union smugglers?  :oops: Stop fer a little work `slow-down`?  xD: [/quote]:woot Fred Bob, that's great! I love it!

GP, I've had them push me out of the tunnel, too. THEN I learned - get farther into the tunnel! I was too far down the tunnel for them to push me out before they all did their regimental `close-order`-drill simultaneous ceremonial sheathing of their swords. :rolleyes: (it's not really a "surrender", just weird behavior)

After they do that, I just stop and go out. That's how I knew there were 61 - I counted their blades when I went to sell them at the store. I was rather disappointed that they stopped, (but I didn't want to start them up again) HA!

But no, it's a bug. It's FUN, to a certain extent, but it's a bug. They're not all supposed to attack you at once. AND they're not supposed to autoregenerate, either.

:p: Argh!! I be thinkin' it about time we open a bottle of rum, eh laddies?

Dee thought of anot'er build even better then dis one is mighty cool, say I :p:

hell mate, let's be crack'n a few dozen Kegs,all dis excitement about de new build makes me a thirsty pirate :p:

Heh. Fred Bob, that's just _perfect_. Though perversely it's gotten me humming "Union Maid" again...
and I'd _just_ finished Battle Cry of Freedom (per other thread). Jeez, you folks gotta give my mouth a rest! :p:

Now, there's many things I'd claim to be features not bugs, but this is _not_ one of them. It's rather, an _attempted_ feature that just makes things worse. I should know, I wrote it. :}
And put Cat and GP through a wringer, too.

On topic, the build is nearing completion. We can't _promise_ a release date, but it's gone from Real Soon Now (tm) to Any Day Now ©.

<!--`QuoteBegin-NathanKell`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NathanKell)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->And put Cat and GP through a wringer, too.[/quote]

Oh heck, it was fun, Nathan! You really ought to leave ONE dungeon like that for the bloodthirsty among us... :p: j/k!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:

I am in total agreement. This could actually be a feature in certain areas and I must admit, it was the best challenge I've had for awhile. :p:

Back