• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Where the heck is Pieter Boelen?

Bathtub-pirate

Sailor
Storm Modder
I am stucked early in the Beatrice Devlin Quest. I learned that Pieter Boelen should be found in the Town Hall. And there sure is a colorful bunch of pirates. But none of 'em is Pieter. And the door is locked. So I am literally stucked.:(

AH! I think I know why that bastard isn't there; he's defined twice in the code. Open PROGRAM\console.c and find:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
    ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
    if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
    ref ch;
    int i;
    int limit;
Below this, add:
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Pieter Boelen"),"Turks_townhall", "sit", "sit1");
LAi_SetSitType(characterfromID("Pieter Boelen"));
Load your savegame, then press F12 and see if he appears then.

Alright, that kinda worked. He appeared and the quest progressed as intentioned (at least I hope so). Still I had to use F4 to teleport myself out of the Town Hall, for it was locked and quick travel was supressed.

One day, we're going to have to go through ALL the quests and fix whatever problems we run into.
But right now it's busy with fixing general game problems. :facepalm

Don't be so hard on yourself.^^
I didn't even put myself there; wouldn't dream of it! :shock

It really doesn't matter anyway because that storyline ends very soon after that meeting IIRC.

Dammit! I was dreaming of that big fat booty, mentioned in the description. But now it dawns on me: "Booty" is refering to Bonnie's lovely buttocks.

"Lead the way, sister .... I am right behind you." :love

Back