• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Where to find (or spawn in) a chronometer?

Hannes

Landlubber
Im using iron man mode but grew tired of island hopping and getting lost at sea. Ive searched just about every shop in game for a chronometer but without succes. How do i acquire one (with any means neccesary)?

Last edited:
I don't quite understand where to enter the code. Could you put it in below just to show me?

void ExecuteConsole()
{
ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
ref ch;
int i;
int limit;

Right after what you've quoted would be a good place. Just before that "switch(0):".

Change it like this:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
    ref ch;
    int i;
    int limit;

// insert your code here    
    GiveItem2Character(pchar, "clock2"); 
    EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "clock2");

// Case 0 = Enable reload (useful when you get stuck on boarding) + Set player type (if you cannot move anymore)
    switch(0)                                // Case 1 = Various test and cheat codes
    {                                        // Case 2 = Location coordinate information
    // [ ... leave the rest as is ... ]

The same with "sextant" instead of "clock2", I believe.

And you do not need to equip sextant, iirc

I don't quite understand where to enter the code. Could you put it in below just to show me?

void ExecuteConsole()
{
ref ch;
int i;
int limit;
AGH! What is it about the text in my post that is so confusing? You're not the first person to ask that same question.
When it says "Below this, add whatever code you want to execute", that is exactly what it means.

I've now changed it to "Immediately below this, add whatever code you want to execute".
Hopefully that will be clearer? :facepalm

AGH! What is it about the text in my post that is so confusing? You're not the first person to ask that same question.
When it says "Below this, add whatever code you want to execute", that is exactly what it means.

I've now changed it to "Immediately below this, add whatever code you want to execute".
Hopefully that will be clearer? :facepalm

I think it's the parenthesis and the bracket making it look like you are supposed to put it in between or after one of them. Is there an example posted on where to put it?

I think it's the parenthesis and the bracket making it look like you are supposed to put it in between or after one of them. Is there an example posted on where to put it?
There is an end bracket much further down. But the whole point is to put it between those opening and closing brackets.
Otherwise it wouldn't do anything at all. :rolleyes:

The chronometer is level dependent meaning that after level 16 or so it should be showing up in stores.

The chronometer plus the sextant plus the advanced compass are all intended to work together so you can see where you are on the world map.

In Iron Man mode all you really need are a compass and good map reading skills. Supposedly.

Generally the islands are close enough together that they are hard to miss and it is only on the long runs like Havana to Cartagena that one has problems.

Generally the islands are close enough together that they are hard to miss
Intentionally missing them is hard, though. Say, if you want to go from La Grenade to Nevis while avoiding everything in between... I don't think I can do that without knowing my position. I'd probably hit Petit Tabac right away. Or Bonaire, while trying to avoid Petit Tabac :)

Sailing near other Islands is how you navigate when you cannot tell your position at sea.
Nothing wrong with that. Why would you want to deliberately avoid Islands?

Back