• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Poll Which country do you work for?

Which country do you work for?

• Total voters
I'm working as a french Privateer, acting from times as Commodore of fleet of west indies or Corsair for his majesty Louis for the glory of France.
But, my character also act from English or Dutch governors time to time and even for Spain or Pirates causes...

Huhuhuhu... Life is like that; wolves prey on sheep or weaker wolves!

I started the new game some time ago because I installed the latest GOF 2.0.4 v1 DEF.
Anyway, yesterday I had to choose if I want to work for England or for France ( I did many missions for their colonies' governors ). I chose England because I know that missions. In my older save I finished with 7th mission, so I just had to complete my fleet. I'm not sure but I think that after finishing English quest, England would have war just with Pirates. I know after some mission, Spain declares not to fight against England anymore. I don't how it looks with Dutch and France.

I always wonder how it seems with French quest. What will it give after finishing? I'm used to use Skodarap's COAS site because he wrote about missions in national quests but he didn't finish French quest.
I'm still looking for somebody who finished English or French missions especially to know how it looks after this.

Once I wanted play as Dutch but according to Skodarap's COAS site, they're peaceful at the beginning and than they've war with Spain and England.
It doesn't speak to me.

As Englishman I've not got any allies, just cease-fire with France, so if I want to sail somewhere aside from English and French colonies, I have to buy spanish or dutch trading licences which aren't cheap.

Referring to the real events, in 1666 was Second Anglo-Dutch War. England fought agains Dutch, Danish and French ships. I love reading about wars in this time!

Back