• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Poll Which country do you work for?

Which country do you work for?

• Total voters
V

Valium

Hi, guys. I urge you to vote in the poll.
You've got 4 countries, so choose the country you work for. I'm talking about quest-lines.

Regards. :D

i mainly sail for france, cuz that way i only am @ war with one nation, spain, that way i have french, english and dutch ports i can get acces to, if needed.

I wonder whom work for. I think that English quest-line is interesting, because they won't have got war with Spain.
I also read about working for Holland, but it seems that they will have got war with England and Spain.
I would like to find out something about French quest-line, but it's not complete on this site.

I wonder what country should I choose, England or France...

Should have included pirates and the option to vote for more than 1. Anyway I tend to start off as English and do some store trade missions before taking to the sea to fight pirates and anyone else who wants to fight me, then once I become hostile to England (due to not having a letter of marque) I play as a pirate. I keep playing as a pirate attacking any nation I see small enough to fight and when, when i'm ready to fix my relations with a nation I fix the relations with the Dutch and play with them if I won't less naval battles with other nations. If I'm still happy to battle away, then I will pick either England or Spain, normally England. Its rare that I play as the Spanish or French.

In CoAS you can become hostile with a nation simply due to not having a LoM?

Yeah, if your playing as a nation who is at war with a nation who's ships you are attacking without a LOM. The said nation will become hostile to you, and put a bounty out on your head, any military fleets for that nation you see, will start to give chase to you on the world map. Once you have a LOM you are free to attack all enemies of the nation you hold a LOM for without any consequences.

So it is as if nations that are friendly with each other have some sort of alliance or something? Interesting.

I guess what they tried to do was make it more realistic, without a LOM you are a pirate kind oft thing. I know in Port Royale it was needed to have a LOM before you could fight enemy ships of your chosen nation. But for COAS, all the governors side quests are based around building relations with one of the governors and finally been awarded a LOM, or you can go to any pirate settlement and speak with a guy (the diplomat) where he will give you a LOM for any nation of your choosing (you get it there any then), fix relations with any nation of your choosing (this takes time before the said nation will leave you alone again), or purchase a trade license with any nation of your choosing (this is given to you straight after purchase).

Would be nice, yes. We won't be doing any new stuff for quite a while though; have to fix and finish what we've got.
LOTS of work, that! :shock

Lol, I think it makes full use of the LOM, other wise its just there. At least in COAS, if you want to attack your nations enemies, then you need the LOM. How you get it is up to you, but it gives the game some depth with the small side missions, which you could add into POTC aswell. Its just digging up all the relevant code from COAS that will take for ever because its spread through many files as you would expect.

Should you ever need the vanilla files, let me know because I never install mods to the main directory for any game, I always make a new directory for modded games as its easier than having to uninstall and reinstall everything when something goes wrong.

Should you ever need the vanilla files, let me know because I never install mods to the main directory for any game, I always make a new directory for modded games as its easier than having to uninstall and reinstall everything when something goes wrong.
I've got CoAS. What I don't have is enough hours in a day. :facepalm

Guys, are you sure that it's possible to play for more then one country?

I'm working for England and I've got lieutenant title.
If I choose working for France, I will loose my English title and I would have to begin working for England once again.

Guys, are you sure that it's possible to play for more then one country?

I'm working for England and I've got lieutenant title.
If I choose working for France, I will loose my English title and I would have to begin working for England once again.

You wont lose your titles so long as you don't attack any English or French ships , however in the Tales of a sea hawk storyline the story will cause you to lose your french title at certain points.

So long as you aren't doing story quests in tales of a sea hawk and just doing free play you are fine.

Back