• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Why did it get so much harder?

funny thing: giving blunderbuss (area effect) to boarding crew with potions make them more alive ^^ (when i started to test on old version without potions they all killed each other + the enemies x) )

real most important still for officers, i usually loose them too easily, but now that i give them potions (and armors) they really live longer ! (also keep in mind they use armor in boarding crew too !)

What is the HP of those soldiers you're fighting? You didn't change the Difficulty level from the default of "Apprentice", did you?

Not sure about the soldiers but yes my difficulty is above Apprentice. I don't remember if it's the next level above, or two levels above. I can't find an obvious way to check that, where can I see my current difficulty level? And is there any way to change it after you start a new game?

Use the Options>Difficulty menu to see and change your difficulty level.
You can also do so by talking to a tavern-hired officer.

uh ? you can change during a game ? interesting i didnt know i should test it later ^^ (even if i prefer always staying at hardest XD)

You could always change it in mid-game through dialog. Since Beta 2.5 you can use the Options Menu too. :yes

So I was on Adventurer level...I turned it down to Journeyman and it was still pretty tough. Then added a bunch of nice swords, about 20 bandages, and 10 short pistols to the weapons locker, and wow! Made all the difference. Interesting to learn the balance of things.

Question: If I have for example 20 poor swords and 20 nice swords in my weapons locker, will the crew automatically take the better ones first? Or is it random, or wha? Thanks

Back