• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Wich storyline you can commander The Empress

None of the storylines give you the Empress as your start ship- only way to do that would probally mean editing the game files or buy the Empress from Hendrick Vanderdecken. Editing the files is pretty simple- Open PROGRAM then STORYLINE choose any of the C FILES- Standard, WoodesRogers, etc. Right click on the storyline of your choice- click Edit then Copy paste Empress from this post into sl.(sn).start.ship =. After that exit and save it should work- it did for me. When your done editing any of the C files it should look like this when your done-

void RegisterStoryline(int n)
{
ref storyline; makeref(storyline, Storylines);
storyline.default = n;
aref sl; makearef(sl, storyline.list);
string sn = "sl" + (n + 1);
sl.(sn).id = "NewHorizons";
sl.(sn).index = n;
sl.(sn).dir = "standard\";
sl.(sn).start.location = "Tutorial_Deck";
sl.(sn).start.port = "Oxbay_port";
sl.(sn).start.model = "pir_cap17";
sl.(sn).start.name = "Nathaniel";
sl.(sn).start.lastname = "Hawk";
sl.(sn).start.Flags.Pirate = 1;
sl.(sn).start.Flags.Personal = 5;
sl.(sn).start.ship = "Empress";
sl.(sn).start.shipname = "Sea Horse";
sl.(sn).start.date.hour = 10;
sl.(sn).start.date.min = 24;
sl.(sn).start.date.sec = 42;
sl.(sn).start.date.day = 15;
sl.(sn).start.date.month = 4;
sl.(sn).start.date.year = 1690;
switch (LanguageGetLanguage())
{
case "Polish":
sl.(sn).title = "Nowe horyzonty";
sl.(sn).description = "To jest opis";
break;
// default:
sl.(sn).title = "Tales of a Sea Hawk";
sl.(sn).description = "As a new face in the Caribbean, you are determined to make a name for yourself through fair means or foul. You can try to convince yourself that you fight for riches and glory alone, but you came here for another reason. Will you manage to regain the affection of Danielle and win her heart back again? Or will you simply become another tortured soul; lost amongst these wild and dangerous islands, forced to seek fame and fortune as scant, cold comfort?";
break;
}
AddStorylineVar(n, "ALLOW_OXBAY_TRADE_DURING_OCCUPATION", "0"); // BOOL - 0: trade and ship repair won't be possible during French occupation of Oxbay (stock default), 1: trade and repairs will be done
AddStorylineVar(n, "EVIL_STORMY_START", "0"); // BOOL - 0: Original CCC Stormy Start 1: A more difficult version of the Stormy Start
AddStorylineVar(n, "PLAY_INVASION_MOVIE", "1"); // BOOL - 0: Skip movie about French invasion of Oxbay 1: Play the French invasion movie (Stock PotC)
}
The one in red is where you are to edit. Good luck!

As Walter Kennedy said The Empress is not in any of the story lines (quests ).

You can however buy the ship if you go to the special shipyard on the Isle de Muerte. :yes

:beer:

One more question mates, im in the side quest find Sao feng's bodyguards. I talked with the head of satanist and he sayid that the remaining organization was on turks. Then, i went to turks and search in every path that i found but I didnt found the hide out. There was just one thing good, i stoled bartolomeu and took his sword ( that is awesome) xD

One more question mates, im in the side quest find Sao feng's bodyguards. I talked with the head of satanist and he sayid that the remaining organization was on turks. Then, i went to turks and search in every path that i found but I didnt found the hide out.

Check the walkthrough here ---->>>> http://piratewiki.net/index.php?title=Sao_Feng_-_Missing_Bodyguards

What happens depends on which option you took at Bridgetown Prison. The path you want is one of the ones that go off White Reef Beach

:duel:

Guess my strategy is too complicated- In my own opinion its easier and no cost. Wow I didnt know there was a quest working for Sao Feng :shock - thats intresting.

Guess my strategy is too complicated- In my own opinion its easier and no cost.
It's a perfectly fine strategy and one that I use quite a bit for testing.
The only other method I use even more in the GiveShip2Character command through PROGRAM\console.c, which allows me to give myself any ship I want at any time.

The Isla de Muerte method is for people who don't want to touch the code/don't want to cheat.
But by all means... DO touch the code. It's the first step to doing more substantial modding work, after all! :onya

I knew you could use the console to give yourself character models but I didnt know you could use it for ships- thats cool! :flower

There are some example lines at the top of the file, such as this one:
Code:
        //    GiveShip2Character(pchar,"CursedDutchman","Flying Dutchman",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
Remove // from the front to give yourself the Cursed Dutchman when pressing F12.
Replace "CursedDutchman" with any other ship ID from ships_init.c .

The first line can be used to instantly repair and resupply your ship in mid-battle, again when pressinf F12 of course:
Code:
GiveShip2Character(pchar,pchar.ship.type,pchar.ship.name,-1,PIRATE,true,true);

I have multiple installs now where the console does not work. New game, old game, it does not matter. They are only good for entertainment now not work.

Back