• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Willemstad Builders' Trials

I'm pretty sure arcade mode will work just fine. If not we can just tune the multipliers that give arcade mode that speed boost. If anything, arcade mode might be preferred if one does not wish to wait about.. 10 seconds while the men turn the wheel of the giant ship before angular acceleration becomes significant. It's fun for realism buffs like me, of course.

Once again I don't see realism as something that demands excessive effort from the part of the player. Ships that were known to be very maneuverable in history are modeled exactly as that. But if I'm told that they were also very hard to sail upwind.. that's your natural game balancing there.

wrecky is the name of my computer, actually. should have mentioned that. i did the math, and the new one should be around 16 times better.

anyway, i am quite at home with historical knowledge on sailing ships, in particular the terminology and the developement of rigging designs. i'd love to see more obvious handling characteristics per ship, so i'd gladly test this once i can.

will seabattles be tied to the difficulty level in some way? right now it's only the boarding fights that get harder, by my knowledge.

Good news and bad news -

The good first:

I have a fleet of 50 ships with the customised handling, and they all work great. Where applicable I've read up on their individual historical handling characteristics and emulated them quite well. If NH provided me with different options for riggings I'll also adapt the vessel's performance accordingly.

The bad:

Battle testing for the past 2 days went rather badly as the AI vehemently disagrees with my new inertia settings. I spent half a day backtracking changes to the schooner shiphandling template until I found another AI sweet spot. The problem is rather easy to spot in WBT 0.2 - AI schooners never go full speed and plow along at 5 knots, never giving chase to you. Your ship sails very well but not the AI which makes for crappy singleplayer gameplay, so, I spent Christmas day recoding the entire fleet, basically.

In order to give the AI a better chance I've also bumped down the maximum sailing speed to historical levels unless a particular ship type was historically insanely fast (Baltimore clippers could go 17kts, while warships, I'm afraid to say, historically bumbled along at 8 kts apparently.

This makes battles very maneuver-centric. You can expect lightweight ships to be able to outmatch heavier opponents in a turning fight; ponderous looking ships will handle ponderously and to use their larger broadside you must think of energy management just like in air combat, and perform the maritime equivalent of the yo-yo maneuver.

However I didn't restrict frigates and the like to 8 kts, as evidently they were built for speed and maneuverability - 12kts was a good compromise. Frigates are the "faster" combatants in WBT Mark III - schooners and F&A rigged vessels are usually restricted to 10 or 11 kts unless they had provision for squaresails. The tradeoff is that those small F&A are able to withdraw upwind at will leaving square riggers stranded! 7kts upwind vs a stranded frigate is a pretty good clip!

Also, because of the new AI friendly inertia settings, you can no longer do an aeroplane style "boom and zoom" with a heavy hull, accelerating to maximum running speed downwind then using sheer momentum with sails furled to catch a xebec cruising upwind.

This I believe forces me to retain historical "game balance", where square riggers can only effectively maneuver downwind - this is reflected in the brig, snow-brig and sloop-of-war classes which were incredibly maneuverable when captained well, but are hard to sail against the wind. You can of course opt for a "hermaphrodite" (hybrid rigged) ship to counteract that... at the cost of maximum speed.

In all practicality however, a brig is better than a jackass brig (this is the term for a hybrid brig with an aft fore and aft setup) and similar findings can be gleaned from WBT Mark III (0.3).

Finally, the new compromise in inertia settings (balanced between my concepts and what's possible with the Storm Engine AI) adds in yet another fine historical touch to tacking.

I made tacking very easy in WBT Mark I and II.

Now in Mark III, you need to be a bit more tactical, building sufficient momentum before you can successfully tack without losing steerageway whist in irons. The more agile your vessel, the less time you spend with sails stalled and the faster you can continue accelerating on the opposite tack. The earlier the sails recover, the sooner you can tack again and the more often you tack, the faster your progress upwind, just as those sailing manuals advise.

So large galleons and caravel captains may find it more productive to just circle around backwards where they can maintain cruise speed and gain more ground that way. Small ships, like barques, brigs, or more maneuverable warships like frigates, have enough rudder authority to properly tack and keep chasing those pesky little schooners and sloops fleeing upwind.

You need to work harder to get a big galleon around in tacking... but you can use your own bulk to assist you in that regard. Steer in the opposite direction you wish to go then swing the bow back around (then just let rotational inertia do the work), ala Scandinavian flick. Be prepared to apply lots of counter-rudder on the other side. It's not easy without a compass due to the additional micromanagement so buy one!

The opposite tactic can be used on the defense, say, a pinnace (Square rig = optimal running performance) gets bounced by a quartet of pirate schooners. Her best option then is to just turn downwind and keep firing that huge 6-gun aft battery. Square riggers I've given top speeds of 11-13 kts and while this isn't a lot of advantage, it's intended to be this way so either scenario you have to fight your way out of it (and in the case of the merchant captain here, hope the enemy chasers keep missing!).

If that sounds similar to the WW2 defensively armed merchant doctrine of facing the ass end towards the enemy (the heavier gun was always mounted aft for that reason), it's again, an intended design. That's the only plausible reason for having such a huge rear battery on our Russian-designed pinnace, anyway. Now you can revel in the logic of them all...

I think it's awesome you're taking this on SWS! :onya

I have been toying with the same idea for COAS and have seen the comments/considerations on transitioning POTC capabilities/aspects into COAS. After looking at the COAS code, I have the same level of dissatisfaction you expressed with POTC sailing realism.

There are just SO many things to take into consideration with hydrodynamics and air coefficients applied to weight and sail area. I know that we are talking about games here and I think you have taken the best 1st step in looking at historical commentary with regards to ship handling characteristics and speed.

Have you gone beyond this, or just using best guesswork? If you have I would LOVE to see your calculations! :will

Please don't take the following as gospel or something I'm trying to sell you on. I just want you to think about it. Many boat builders still argue about formulas and best shape and sail area to this day and I think this is largely due to it being almost as much a matter of art as it is science. A lot of expert boat builders use the axiom that if the boat "looks right" it will handle and sail well.

So much depends a lot on bottom shape and length. I can sail my agile 24 footer all day long and still be passed by, by less agile, heavier 36 footers. How can that be? I am lighter and take up less displacement. There are three things (formulas) I think we need to try to eventually model to truly get at accurate historical ship handling. First being easiest and last being hardest. I think they need to be built seperately so that if we fail to do a good job on the second or third we still have something decent in play.

1. Length and drag/resistence

2. Displacement, hull shape/form and wetted surface (will influence the first)

3. Wind coefficient vs sail area ratios to weight and shape/type of rig (we might even model a little hull lift here as well especially with smaller craft in good wind) (this formula will influence first and second),

1. Length and drag: Length of the hull at the waterline translates into more speed over smaller craft and goes the opposite direction in the curve after a while. Now my lumbering 2nd rater cannot catch my frigate even thought she is longer and carries more canvas.

Boat speed in knots (V) is compared to hull waterline length in feet (L) where V divided by the square root of L = the speed/length ratio or S/LR.

By way of example a boat 30 feet on the waterline at 6 knots has a S/LR of: 6 / 5.48 = 1.095. At 10 knots her S/LR 10/5.48) = 1.82. Whereas, a 400 foot ferry at 15 knots has a S/LR (15 / 20) = .75.

This rule allows us to categorise hull lengths which will suit a particular speed for a displacement vessel. For our purposes there are 3 categories to consider:

LOW SPEED - up to a S/LR of around 1.5

MEDIUM SPEED - with a S/LR between 1.5 to 3.0

HIGH SPEED - having a S/LR above 3.0

It will be seen that a 30 foot motor boat on the waterline at 20 knots has a S/LR of 3.6 (high speed) but that a 300 footer at the same 20 knot speed with a S/LR of 1.15 is classed as a low speed vessel. For the 300 footer to be considered high speed she would have to be traveling (work formula backwards) V = 3 x 17.3 = 52 knots or more.

2. Displacement and Hull Form: After we have determined the displacement and the weight of a given hull, we select the hull form from a table we build and assign values to hull types. The type will determine the resistance of the vessel through the water, and each hull form's resistance figure affects the power needed to reach the vessel's speed. This will also effect how fast it attains that speed. Some rather large ships could attain some impressive speeds with a following wind abaft, but it might take them quite a little while to build up that momentum and just as you've said it would take em longer to slow as well. These hull forms could include:

Deep Displacement-- High capacity hulls suitable for large merchant ships, Galleons, Indiamen, etc. However, they require more power to reach and sustain a given speed than other displacement hull types. A large percentage of a fully loaded deep displacement vessel's hull would be below the water line. This would also mean it would heel at much less of an angle in turns.

Parallel Displacement-- Both sides of a parallel displacement hull run roughly parallel to each other except at the bow and stern. Although simpler in form and to build, this hull form has higher drag than a curved displacement hull. Many smaller merchantmen like Packets and Colliers used parallel displacement hulls.

Curved Displacement-- This is the hull form used for many warship types: Frigates, Razees, Corvettes, Brigs, etc. The hull begins with a sharper bow and gently curves around the widest part of the hull, then tapers into the stern. The displaced fluid flows more efficiently with less drag around a curved hull. A vessel with a curved displacement hull will travel at a higher speed than a parallel displacement hull using the same amount of sail power.

3. Wind coefficient vs sail area ratios to weight and shape/type of rig

In COAS the formula is close but not quite right especially with regards to attaining the speed. The math relies more on sail handling ability of the captain and experience/size of crew than physics and that's not necessarily a bad thing. It definately needs to be a big part of the game. A simple formula for Sail Power (The power generated by wind on sails determined in a standard atmosphere):
1. Multiply the wind velocity in kilometers per hour by 0.28 to convert the wind velocity to meters per second.
2. Calculate the power available in watts with this formula. P = {[(1286)S]V} 0.1
Where P = power in watts
Where S = sail area
Where V = wind velocity in meters per second

Beyond that simple power consideration, a lot has been written on this subject and there is a lot of disagreement with regards to Wind Pressure Coefficient applied to righting and heeling based on size and shape of rig.

Francis Kinney gives a couple of methods (page 292 to 299 in Skene's Elements of Yacht Design) to compare
Heeling Moment to Righting Moment. Method #1 is called the "Wind Pressure Coefficient."

The equation is:
"Wind Pressure Coefficient = Righting Moment @ 20 degrees Heel, over Heeling Moment @ 20 degrees of Heel

R.M. @ 20degrees = Pounds Displacement x Righting Arm @ 20degrees Heel
Righting Arm @ 20degrees = GM x sine 20degrees
H.M. @ 20degrees = Sail Area x Heeling Arm x cos2 20degrees x Wind Pressure
Wind Pressure in Pounds per Sq. Ft. = .0053 x Wind Speed Knots2
For comparing boats, a wind pressure of 1 pound per sq. ft. (equal to almost 14 knots) is
assumed.

With the assumed heel angle of 20° we observe that sine 20° equals 0.342 and that cos2 20°
equals 0.883. The Heeling Arm is taken as being the vertical distance from the sails' C.E. to the
hull's C.L.R. at zero heel (thus the correction for cos2 20°).
A Wind Pressure Coefficient greater than "one" shows that he boat has reserve stability given
the assumed Heeling Moment. In other words, a number greater than one means the boat
would not heel to 20° in 14 knots of wind.
A graph of acceptable values is on page 295 in Skene's . A WPC of less than one reveals that
the Heeling Moment is greater than the Righting Moment and the boat will heel more than 20°
in 14 knots of wind.
- A small boat may have a WPC of less than one.
- For a medium size keel boat the WPC should be in the range of, say 1.1 to 1.2.
- A large boat should have a larger margin, say up to a WPC of around 1.5 or 1.6."

We might also want to consider hydronymic lift especially for smaller agile craft: L=0.5*p*v^2*A*CL guesswork would be required on the numbers we would apply for lift and used density of water for p.

As we say in my field all the time "what's good enough?" We want it to be good, realistic, and historically accurate, but not make the game less fun. This is one of those areas where we might want the toggles Pieter has brought up in the past that we plan on putting into COAS RTBL.

If you get this right SWS I will definately be playing with toggles on and your effort is tempting me back to playing POTC a little more.

If you have some numbers I'd love to see them. I'm willing to assist you in testing as well. Good hunting. :dance

MK

Holy crap! Looks like I'm back at school again! :shock

With the current code in the PotC PROGRAM folder, it doesn't seem like we can make any advanced ship hydrodynamics system.
Maybe one day when we can mess around with the game engine source code, we can improve matters this way though.
And while we're at it, make the AI understand actual sailing methods and direction of the wind as well.

But I don't think we should look into that any time soon; once we get the source code,
we'll first need to get PotC Build mod to work with the Storm 2.8 engine before we can try adding more new stuff.
Otherwise, we're just going to be confusing things further, with more risk of messing up. :facepalm

For now, Snow White Sorrow is basing his improvements on changing the intertia, turn rate and speed rate values in ships_init.c.

OK Pieter, Understand - Got it. :yes And I knew she was playing with some fairly incomplicated values. However given the formulas I'm suggesting here we could at least get the BEST values possible plugged in even if we didn't build additional physics strings into the code. Just taking each ship through a set of analog tables on paper with pencil and extracting our best guesses - now we have both history and physics on our side as we tune the old wagon wheel/stone knife.

Her efforts have inspired me to tinkering with COAS code numbers now and building a rudimentary table I can extract values from.

MK

Just taking each ship through a set of analog tables on paper withpencil and extracting our best guesses - now we have both history andphysics on our side as we tune the old wagon wheel/stone knife.

That's precisely what I'm doing.

3 steps to WBT and future CSH -

1. Identify hull and rigging type
2. Refer above to historical observations (your hull type background, possible "character" of this rigging type - is she faster in close or broad reach?)
3. Add "relaxed stability" rudder control, with hull dynamics and inertia factored in. Deep draft, longhull vessels are fast and can sail closer to the wind but less agile, for instance; within that type, if I see a ship model having an insanely small rudder she will suffer accordingly in helm response
4. Sail the ship, making sure her handling is believable enough. I use a little racetrack pattern around Willemstad port; it takes less than 5 minutes for me to tune a ship to perfection
5. Sail the ship in battle, at the same time making sure other, previously tuned ships captained by the AI actually work.

Be sure I'm no hydrodynamics theorist but Modernknight, thank you VERY much for the background to sailing dynamics. I'm basing my work on historical info right now but actual hydrodynamics does play a part here too albeit in a very basic form. I can't manipulate the actual mathematical equations so it's up to me to translate the ship's possible quirks into values directly associated with gameplay.

In essence, instead of using a processor demanding real-time physics based sailing model, we're using my head, and in future yours as well in CoAS, to tell the game how the ship should handle.

In terms of gameplay and immersion, this approach is usually superior, mass-market wise, than full out simulators because about 75% of the "correctness" and a realistic presentation of motion will give better results than a 100% physics sim which is difficult to handle, to the point of unplayability.

Famous flight simulator IL-2 Sturmovik uses a tabular data flight model and a "technicolor" graphics engine that actually, to many people, conveys a far better sense of speed and flight to most of the "photorealistic" and physics based professional sims out there. In the pro sims you sort of need an actual HOTAS setup and TrackIR to get things done right.

In IL-2, you just sort of read a history book and note that German aircraft and their high wing loading in concert with technically advanced engine technology (supercharging, water injection etc), are much more well at home to energy-fighting tactics and should be fought that way (if the virtual pilot wants to live!).

I've played a lot of sims (I'm an avid hater of consoles, believe it or not) over the years and the latter approach is what secures my attention in the long term. Sometimes in the realistic sims, it's a lot more difficult than the real world due to the computer interface, and limitations of situational awareness we can't solve unless we were in Star Trek. That's why I feel, a simplified presentation doesn't necessary mean "unrealistic". It's still "believable" and can be "more immersive" if done well, case in point, IL-2's simplified flight model.

It's not perfect; many players note that the German aircraft are usually very difficult to fly and flight, versus the "zero to 5 Gs in one second" Lavochkins on the Red side. But a virtual Luftwaffe jock who reads his history can come up with impressive spiral climbs, boom and zoom attacks and absolutely devastating short range 30mm cannon fire, which usually take the Red pilots (who, like historically, usually don't know a thing about ACM) completely by surprise - the relatively simplified flight model has emulated the historical character of the Bfs and Fws very well indeed! Over the years, multiplayer contests have developed whole cadres of cunningly patient Erich Hartmann types on the German side, and vicious close quarter, low altitude dogfighters of the VVS opposing them.

Do you think we can make our sea battle system as good as what IL-2 did for WW2 air combat? To the point that players may be encouraged to spend 5 minutes reading about historical naval warfare and the strategies therein?

From my ongoing testing of WBT Mark III, I'd say yes. I'll be releasing it soon :3

As Pieter says, I have no intention of releasing a mod with broken AI and game balance.

I've played a lot of sims (I'm an avid hater of consoles, believe it or not) over the years and the latter approach is what secures my attention in the long term. Sometimes in the realistic sims, it's a lot more difficult than the real world due to the computer interface, and limitations of situational awareness we can't solve unless we were in Star Trek. That's why I feel, a simplified presentation doesn't necessary mean "unrealistic". It's still "believable" and can be "more immersive" if done well, case in point, IL-2's simplified flight model.
I'm inclined to believe you. I have "played" a lot of actual sailing simulators as part of my education.
and especially the laptop-based ones just make things SOOO much more complicated than in real life.
Your outside view is TINY and when you view the radar, the outside view goes away completely.
Controlling the set heading on the auto-pilot is a task on it's own, since the controls for this were made as un-intuitive as possible.

On another simulator, I ran into the WOOORST problems when compared to real life, which at first the teacher wouldn't even believe.
And where in real life, it takes you just under 30 seconds to move the helm from hard to starboard to hard to port,
on the simulator it takes you just under seconds to make the helm ORDER do that! So you spend 30 seconds giving the order you want,
which does take you attention away from other things like... land, shallows and traffic!
THERE's some realism for you! :shock

So in short, truly realistic simulators can quite defeat their purpose by forgetting about actual 'playability',
even in professional cases. So if we can come up with things that 'feel' right based on historical context
and some feel for ship handling, the end results could be better game-play wise than full-on realism might achieve. :doff

Thanks for sharing your real world experiences Pieter :3

And this brings us to a pretty interesting dilemma:

What sort of "realistic handling" should be had for mythical ships like the Black Pearl? I know from my stock game runthrough 5 years ago that I was engaging her in the final showdown with a MoW and the Pearl looked like a motorboat.

The Black Pearl is supposed to be "the fastest ship in the Caribbean",
so her handling should feel fairly realistic,
but should be at least faster than other ships her size.

It is not known if her speed comes from her design or some supernatural influence.
There is no suggestion that the Curse of the Isla de Muerte should have improved her sailing characteristics.
Otherwise, she's similar to a galleon in design and thus can't have an excessively fast design.
She was able to outrun the HMS Interceptor in CotBP, with the Interceptor being said to be the fasted ship
in the British Royal Navy Caribbean fleet.

The Dutchman was considered to be the fastest ship both on and beneath the sea. However, it was unable to maintain pursuit of the Black Pearl, which had an edge with a following wind, while the Dutchman was said to be faster with a headwind.
Source: http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Flying_Dutchman

I think the Flying Dutchman should be fairly fast for a ship her size and be able to sail into the wind quite well,
but not be excessively fast with the wind.

Ideally, the HMS Interceptor should be able to outrun most ships in the game,
the Black Pearl being able to outrun the Interceptor, especially downwind,
while the Flying Dutchman should be able to overtake the Black Pearl in a headwind situation.

The Dutchman better have some creative rigging to enable such a feat. Or a couple of LM2500s under the hood, coupled to modern day waterjets.

Problem is we have Baltimore Clippers and Bermuda Sloops and those were IRL the "fastest ships in the Caribbean".

I gave Interceptor a top speed of 14 plus knots and with good winds an American schooner about 15-16, but do remember that the POTC movie (or our standard Nathaniel Hawk storyline) didn't feature Baltimore Clippers and Bermuda Sloops which puts them in a whole different world! As such I don't think there are conflicts if the Black Pearl and HMS Interceptor were the "fastest ships of their day", but once the American shipbuilding industry went into full steam they, like historically, produced technically advanced ships for both trade and war.

If we insisted on comparing ships of all eras on the same table I think we'd have severe troubles rationalising why a Black Pearl can go 18 knots, the Flying Dutchman the same speed against the wind, but an actual East Indiaman... about 11... if there's a strong following wind.

Conclusion:

For movie ships, we need supernatural influence. And 14 kts is -very- fast for an interception vessel in the WBT gameplay scale. F&A rigged ships mostly go at 10... and can maintain most of that upwind as well. With the exception of schooners which schoon very well at 13-14kts. Faster if they have squaresails to help them downwind. Ship or brig rigged vessels, 12kts downwind tops.

Interceptor might get a speed boost, but not drastically, she still has aero, and hydrodynamic drag to consider. Perhaps 16.5 in good following winds which makes her slightly faster than our Baltimore Clipper. But that's a rather "unbelievable" speed considering she has a similar hull profile to a light brig, which in WBT, goes 11.5 max.

PS:

Intro section of movie is up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3pOpfJxvcM

Oh and I'm going to make that experimental screw frigate after I'm done with that.

You could use the Flying Dutchman which can sail into the wind as a first experiment for your screw frigate.
In fact, I think the real myth of "Flieghende Hollander" says that she would be seen during a storm,
under full sail heading into the wind. Which suggests that the Dutchman can sail at full efficiency
on all points of sail. As such, she doesn't need to tack.
I think that'd be the best way of handling her.

The movie looks cool, but I wished it didn't show the battle interface.
You know you can hide it with F9 when shooting screenshots and movies, right?
Other than it, it's very good and the music fits too. :onya

Problem is we have Baltimore Clippers and Bermuda Sloops and those were IRL the "fastest ships in the Caribbean".

But do remember that the POTC movie (or our standard Nathaniel Hawk storyline) didn't feature Baltimore Clippers and Bermuda Sloops which puts them in a whole different world! As such I don't think there are conflicts if the Black Pearl and HMS Interceptor were the "fastest ships of their day", but once the American shipbuilding industry went into full steam they, like historically, produced technically advanced ships for both trade and war.
I very much agree with that idea! The HMS Interceptor, Black Pearl and Flying Dutchman might be the fastest ships of their days,
but that doesn't mean they should be compared to more modern American designs. :no
As long as they're close to being the fastest in their time period (Colonial Powers), then it should be perfect.
Mainly, it's important that the characteristics between these three ships are as the movies suggest,
for storyline purposes. It doesn't really matter that much if there's some random schooner that can outrun the Black Pearl or something.

Okay I'm glad we have consensus! :)

Anyway that movie is just the tip of the iceberg, I just finished a 10 minute one with UNEDITED WBT Mark III small ship combat. Which looks IMO, perfect to my eye and I hope it would be to you too. It's currently in post-processing and will be uploaded shortly.

EDIT:

And here it is!
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=J9_tGGdNl4Q

Oh, what is a kriegsfischkutter? It's a WW2 German Navy coastal escort/patrol boat; mostly trawlers with AA guns stuck on top.

But more importantly, its a war fishing cutter! How cute can ship naming get? I thought of the relevance when I was testing the little sloop off Willemstad and I was set upon by not one but three shiploads full of evil, uncouth pirates in two small and a grand schooner!

(Note: Grand schooner = WBT designation for SchoonerXebec)

I do know I can get rid of the interface but.... erm, you know I actually play the game when I record, right :3

I think the cursed Black Pearl was faster and better handling than the Uncured Pearl...

Having said that I think the normal Pearl is still fast (as it can outrun the Dutchman), But in the first movie it seemed to catch the Interceptor really really fast

I've no issue with that - it's pretty clear then, how those ships should handle.

And I'm a big fan of the movies as well. Well, maybe, mostly the first one, before the fantasy part became too overwhelming (we have Lord of the Rings for those).

Right now I need sleep. A lot of it since I've just gone through a trio of sleepless nights to get the 80 ships done. Before I release 0.3, the manual has to be updated to that point. Which can be whenever I wake up.

I've a lot of work to do post-Christmas - no celebratory mood here so no promises on the release. But indeed I can take my time and let the concept sink in before I overextend my supply lines; I may not have the opportunity to work on this until New Years' Day.

It now appears like I will be leaving around the 20th of January, so I'm hoping to release B14 Beta 1 before that.
Do you reckon you could get this project finished before that time so it can be included?
Otherwise it'll have to remain an additional download for now and be included in a next release a couple of months later.

That would be perfect; I have the New Year's Day long weekend and no social commitments (I swear, I will kill the next person who tells me "I love you" on the spot).

Consider the job done and done very well.

Thanks a lot! I'm looking forward to being able to include the redone manoeuvrability setup! :woot

Be warned battles are, like in the "war fishing boat" movie, rather exhausting. You might even get seasick with all the waltzing action. That is, of course, if you're using small little ships.

Btw.. we need a quest that starts off a player in a gunboat that goes up against.... other gunboats. Riverine warfare!

That could be fun, yes! Maybe Bartolomeu could work that into one of his stories?

And if you say that could happen, maybe we'd better keep the old values in Arcade mode?

Back