• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Would there be a way to remove the tutorial at start?

Oh and check out my mod, if you want. It was completely redone, but if you don't have COAS at all then don't try it. But still I think your titlee is noice, lady cerez. Oh but when I asked that question about my profile pic, it was a pic of my doggo Duke.

Oh @Cerez what inapired you to use baroness of the high seas?
I like it because it sounds up with myself, but it's actually very humble and somewhat humorous if you know your history.

A baron or baroness isn't a particularly high social position, it just means you own a piece of land. Piece of land being the key point here, as Cerez is baroness of the high seas (a water area that doesn't belong to anyone). Therein lies the humour. ;)

The basic idea was that Cerez is a pirate captain and self-proclaimed baroness, as a lot of pirates aspired to establish a nobility status (or to imitate nobility) in those times, and I thought a mysterious, neat and elegant pirate would be a cool idea, especially if spiced with an exotic upbringing.

Oh and check out my mod, if you want. It was completely redone, but if you don't have COAS at all then don't try it.
Unfortunately, I currently don't have COAS installed. :shrug When I do get around to installing it again, I'll be sure to have a look at your mod. ;)

Oh but when I asked that question about my profile pic, it was a pic of my doggo Duke.
Oh, I see. Didn't catch that (was away and sleeping). :no

Last edited:
Just to give you a helpful pointer for modding/developing for the Sea Dogs games:

If you are using your existing save games to test changes in your assets/code, you will run into trouble -- namely that save games in the Sea Dogs series save more than just your player's current progress, they also save the state of the world, and that includes the position of locators, current character behaviour, etc.

So to really test your changes, you really do need to start a new game.

Hahaha lol. Thx. Nameless, would you please vote for what kind of house you would like for your player, and what nobility title you would like? Please, I never get any votes, and I consider you a friend, and would like your opinion.
OK, I will. :onya

Btw what do you think of my new profile pic?, That's my doggo Duke.
I love dogs, though now it's Nelson, which is also fitting.

Oh but I'm not a pirate, I am a vice Admiral of the Royal Navy, so you, are to be arrested and hanged at dawn! Men, weapons! Detain him, or kill him if you have to! Oh and I just watched your muppets vid, and what's all that about execution?! Lads, detain him!
Well, technically I am a pirate, but you could say that I am a nation neutral protector. ;)

And you're going to have to catch me and my ship, the Black Pearl, the fastest ship in the Caribbean. :p

It must be sailor, because I'm sailor apprentice and can't edit it. Like I stated, when I'm able to have my own title, It would be "The Honorable Lord" just cause it suits Lord Nelson.
Yep, fitting. :onya

Just to give you a helpful pointer for modding/developing for the Sea Dogs games:

If you are using your existing save games to test changes in your assets/code, you will run into trouble -- namely that save games in the Sea Dogs series save more than just your player's current progress, they also save the state of the world, and that includes the position of locators, current character behaviour, etc.

So to really test your changes, you really do need to start a new game.
Which is why if you go to the New Horizons download page, you usually see that a new game is mandatory.

Hmm, maybe, only if you aid the royal navy. Otherwise you will be hunted down to the ends of the earth!
Come now, gentlemen, I'm sure we can make it worthwhile for us to co-operate!

(And while we are at it, and you are busy counting your winnings, the Reunion will slip past you with its precious cargo to sell on forbidden grounds. :p)

Ugh, no. I have a squadron forming a defensive circle. Your both outnumbered! If you surrender to me now, I'll let you live. Here that!, I will let you live!,

As said before, I am nation neutral; so I also aid the royal navy.
Sometimes I help the french, sometimes the Dutch, sometimes the Portuguese.

It all depends on the situation.

But first of all I am free, I will die in battle if needed.

Back