• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Would there be a way to remove the tutorial at start?

Yes, I will. Once I get steam to realize that the game is fully installed! Steam can be annoying at times, especially when it has a glitch and doesn't let me log in, which could be because of no wifi, guess I got to turn on hotspot!

Thx, but I have the some of the eras mods resources on and the game is crashing like craaazy! Could also be from steam not being the one launching the game!

Oh, yes. Chezfrey, one of the key elements in the making of the eras mod... Though eras is content heavy and has quite graphic heavy resources I believe oh sir, did you mean @ChezJfrey. Usually it works, but right now it is crashing like crazy! Though like I said, eras is quite heavy

Last edited:
Oh, yes. Chezfrey, one of the key elements in the making of the eras mod... Though eras is content heavy and has quite graphic heavy resources I believe oh sir, did you mean @ChezJfrey. Usually it works, but right now it is crashing like crazy! Though like I said, eras is quite heavy

ERAS explicitly states it is NOT compatible with the original Storm engine, so nobody should be surprised if scripts and content borrowed from it crash the Storm engine. ERAS was tailored with an engine that will auto-detect memory usage and scale some texture resolutions down, on-the fly, it makes use of engine messages, script and config features that are not available in Storm, and will often crash the compile process of Storm. ERAS was made to run on an engine that uses newer FMOD, newer zlib, newer VC++ Runtimes, a faster, more efficient memory allocator that is current and was last upgraded August 2019. Don't expect everything to work with Storm; it was not designed or meant to.

I also do not have any interest trying to figure out how to retrofit any of it back to Storm; that is long in the rear-view mirror.

Here they are.

I also made it so the option to skip the tutorial is the second one, in order to be harder to do by accident.
Oh, I will hopefully only have to wait till tomorrow, hopefully, because my game is still broke, missing resources so I uninstalled it, along with all my games that needed updates, ie all of them. Lol i most likely won't have any games for a long time, just cause I'll probably never get wifi, not that I don't want wifi. It is just that I am not in the best place when it comes to money, also wifi is expensive.

Do you have a laptop or a desktop?

If you have a laptop, maybe you know someone who you can install the game from their internet.

Also for future reference, maybe try GOG.com.

There games are DRM free, so you can download an offline back up of a game.

Meaning that you download the game only once, and store the installation files somewhere safe, so you won't need the internet to reinstall.

And yes, I do know someone with wifi, but I may not be able to ask them if I could use their wifi to download it. Also nameless, can you reply to the conversation names titles. Ft cerez? It's about titles, and votes.

Also, what is the password for the source? Just wondering just in case my mod gets bigger, may someday be a standalone game... Meant the COAS source.

Last edited:
It isn't? It's called Coas_source_19237747447.7z, or something like that! I had found it in the COAS download section! I swear! I'm not lying! Sir please don't execute me! It's in the coas modding tools section! Just check!

Last edited:
Back