• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Leveling: Quest Officers Do Not Level-Up Like Normal Officers

Definitely going to check this soon about Artois Voysey. I hired him recently, but I didn't take a look on his skills. Also, his HP is very low indeed. That's why I usually put him God mode in order not to lose him.

Definitely going to check this soon about Artois Voysey. I hired him recently, but I didn't take a look on his skills. Also, his HP is very low indeed. That's why I usually put him God mode in order not to lose him.
I think he's always had a problem with quickly dying, but I never understood why.
As far as I'm aware, HP should be linked directly to character level. And then you might get some Bonus applied in addition.

I think he's always had a problem with quickly dying, but I never understood why.
As far as I'm aware, HP should be linked directly to character level. And then you might get some Bonus applied in addition.
But the quest officers that you get (same as Rys Bloom, for example), I think they always gain 2 points of health with each new level (3 with toughness). The difference with Rys Bloom is that he starts with 150 HP, which is very impressive at very early games, while Artois Voysey has maybe 40 points or so.

The rule you are saying is not linked to quest officers.

But the quest officers that you get (same as Rys Bloom, for example), I think they always gain 2 points of health with each new level (3 with toughness). The difference with Rys Bloom is that he starts with 150 HP, which is very impressive at very early games, while Artois Voysey has maybe 40 points or so.
Does the player not gain 10 health points per level? If so, the same should apply to quest officers.

The rule you are saying is not linked to quest officers.
If it isn't, then it should be! :whipa

We cannot release a public Beta 4 with this problem in it. I hope @Levis manages to figure it out soon.

By the way; Fred Bob is the only officer that, coming from being a quest officer (You get him after completing his quest), levels up 10 points of health for each new level.

By the way; Fred Bob is the only officer that, coming from being a quest officer (You get him after completing his quest), levels up 10 points of health for each new level.
So Fred Bob DOES behave himself, but all other quest officers don't?
Maybe he doesn't have the "questchar" attribute that I think @Levis is using to distinguish between the two types?

So Fred Bob DOES behave himself, but all other quest officers don't?
Maybe he doesn't have the "questchar" attribute that I think @Levis is using to distinguish between the two types?
Nope, that's not it. None of the hire-able officers actually have that attribute anymore, which is surprising.

Both Fred Bob (gaining HP normally) and Rys Bloom (NOT gaining HP normally) both have the "isOfficer" attribute, so that's not it.
Clear difference between the two is that Fred Bob DOES have an officer type already defined (Boatswain) and Rys Bloom doesn't.
But as far as I understand it, Rys should then just have a random type assigned (once!) and work normally after that.
Apparently that part then doesn't work quite right....

I will look into this... but it sounds really weird cause the HP gaining should be the same for everyone ...

I could be because of this piece of code:
Code:
if(CheckAttribute(chref,"officer")) mhp = LAi_GetCharacterMaxHP(chref) + makeint(11-GetDifficulty());
        else mhp = LAi_GetCharacterMaxHP(chref) + 5.0;
        LAi_SetHP(chref,LAi_GetCharacterHP(chref),mhp);
After complains about low HP I found this piece of code in one of the level up functions and added it. Maybe this is what makes it act weird because the "officer" attribute probably isn't set for everyone.
Still I don't know why this is here in the first place cause every thing should be done in the ResetHP function.... So I think I'm going to remove this again because it seems to cause problems.

After complains about low HP I found this piece of code in one of the level up functions and added it. Maybe this is what makes it act weird because the "officer" attribute probably isn't set for everyone.
Still I don't know why this is here in the first place cause every thing should be done in the ResetHP function.... So I think I'm going to remove this again because it seems to cause problems.
Sounds like a good idea. I reckon all characters of the same level should have the same HP.
Excepting characters with an HPBonus set, but that ResetHP function handles that.

Back