• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Updating the Russian Translation

There was another problem in "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\antigua_portadmiral.c". As well as missing the 'XI_ConvertString', it was also missing 'sti', so the line to find the admiral's nation tried to use a string instead of an integer for 'GetNationDescByType'.

And I believe there's a mistake in "Pelagius Lizarraga_dialog.h". English line 18 says:
He doesn't like to hire privateers, and he won't hire you at all unless you have a Letter of Marque from England. So, if you don't already have such a Letter, get one as soon as possible. Then you should insist if he refuses you at the beginning.
I can't be sure as I can't read much Russian, but the Russian version of that line does not appear to advise you to get an English Letter of Marque:
lizaraga_dialog.jpg
This is important because you have been working for Spain and if you have attacked enough English ships to turn England hostile to you, the admiral will call for soldiers to attack you. Otherwise, if England is not hostile to you:
admiral_dialog.jpg
... the admiral tells you to join the English navy or to get an English Letter of Marque. Until you get that Letter of Marque, the admiral will not give you any missions.

Attachments

• antigua_portadmiral.c
    6.7 KB · Views: 38
There was another problem in "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\antigua_portadmiral.c". As well as missing the 'XI_ConvertString', it was also missing 'sti', so the line to find the admiral's nation tried to use a string instead of an integer for 'GetNationDescByType'.

And I believe there's a mistake in "Pelagius Lizarraga_dialog.h". English line 18 says:I can't be sure as I can't read much Russian, but the Russian version of that line does not appear to advise you to get an English Letter of Marque:
View attachment 42790
This is important because you have been working for Spain and if you have attacked enough English ships to turn England hostile to you, the admiral will call for soldiers to attack you. Otherwise, if England is not hostile to you:
View attachment 42789
... the admiral tells you to join the English navy or to get an English Letter of Marque. Until you get that Letter of Marque, the admiral will not give you any missions.
What am I supposed to do? Sailing to Port Royal and taking privateering at the residence?

Sail to any English port and get a Letter of Marque from the governor. It does not have to be Port Royale. If you're on Antigua, the nearest place is Charlestown on Nevis.

Yes, privateering worked, a dialogue appeared. In the Russian version, there really was no mention of receiving privateering in England. I also found the very residence that does not translate to Nevis.

Attachments

• 1688463955433.png
    1688463955433.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • 353535432.png
    353535432.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
This version of "interface_strings.txt" should translate that - I copied the line for "#stown_name# townhall" and removed "#stown_name#" from both the key and the translation. Lines 1379-1382 still need to be translated.

Attachments

• interface_strings.txt
    134.6 KB · Views: 33
I found an error in Jeremy Tripper_dialog.h - line 7 (When will we leave #sisland_Antigua#?). It should not be Antigua, since we are on it, but #sisland_Khael Roa#.

You are indeed on Antigua and Jeremy Tripper is asking when you will leave it. So that line is correct, it should be Antigua.

Can you translate "Burialground"? It should probably be the same as you have for "Arawak Burialground", without the "Arawak". Here's why:
Devlin Opera for the 65742th time

I've made new loading screens in English and Spanish. With your translation, I can make the Russian one too.

Can you translate "Burialground"? It should probably be the same as you have for "Arawak Burialground", without the "Arawak". Here's why:
Devlin Opera for the 65742th time

I've made new loading screens in English and Spanish. With your translation, I can make the Russian one too.
If we mean several graves of buried people, then this is called: "Кладбище". If this is a burial of a small number of people 2-3, then this is: "Могильник".

Google translates "Кладбище" as "cemetery", and "Могильник" as "Burial ground". So "Могильник" is probably accurate, though I would imagine there to be more than 2-3 people in there.

What about "Место захоронения", which is what seems to be used for "Arawak Burial Ground" in "interface_strings.txt"?

What about "Место захоронения", which is what seems to be used for "Arawak Burial Ground" in "interface_strings.txt"?
This is exactly one place where people are buried. If there are several coffins, then more suitable "Кладбище"

That sounds about right - one place where people are buried. Coffins are probably not involved as this is a native burial ground. It's labelled as "Arawak Burial Ground", though you probably will not see the label because you enter as soon as you reach the locator, it does not have a door. But you will see the new loading screen which just says "Burial Ground". The translation should therefore be the same as for "Arawak Burial Ground", without the word "Arawak" because it won't fit in the scroll of the loading screen.

"Место захоронения"
"Место Захоронения" - Then it is more acceptable, or if it does not fit, then "Могильник"
I also attach a few untranslated places and interface_strings.txt.
1) Isla Mona Shore
2) Isla Mona Tavern
3) Isla Mona Port
4) Commander's House
5) Exit from port
6) Isla Mona warehouse
7)Also when I tried to talk in a tavern with people, the nation is not translated. ( Random_sailors_sit_tavern_dialog.h - 10 line)

Attachments

• 634634.png
    634634.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 2352323.png
    2352323.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • 255235.png
    255235.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
  • 346346.png
    346346.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • 67567.png
    67567.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • 35343.png
    35343.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • interface_strings.txt
    134.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 345534.png
    345534.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
Here's your "interface_strings.txt" from the previous post with lines 1217-1223 added for the Isla Mona locations, needing to be translated. "Isla Mona Shore" will probably still not be translated as Sail-To locations always seem to miss translation.

The attached version of "Random_sailors_sit_tavern_dialog.c" adds 'XI_ConvertString' to all 'GetNationDescByType' calls - that line you found wasn't the only one.

Attachments

• interface_strings.txt
    134.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Random_sailors_sit_tavern_dialog.c
    13.4 KB · Views: 31
Here's your "interface_strings.txt" from the previous post with lines 1217-1223 added for the Isla Mona locations, needing to be translated. "Isla Mona Shore" will probably still not be translated as Sail-To locations always seem to miss translation.

The attached version of "Random_sailors_sit_tavern_dialog.c" adds 'XI_ConvertString' to all 'GetNationDescByType' calls - that line you found wasn't the only one.

Attachments

• interface_strings.txt
    134.7 KB · Views: 28
For some reason, the text does not translate if you want to throw away the item, although this line is (2122) TossItemInterface{Are you sure you want to toss this item?}

Attachments

• 1688650273654.png
    1688650273654.png
    803.4 KB · Views: 28
Back