• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Updating the Russian Translation

I noticed that if you have a monkey and it starts talking to you first on Cape Francos, then Mauricio Juradu approaches you (while the monkey's dialogue is still open) and leaves to show the way without saying the phrase of line 17. The only way I found is to go to the right to him, then the monkey does not have time to enter into a dialogue with you.

Attachments

• 1690217208629.png
    1690217208629.png
    637.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 1690217231066.png
    1690217231066.png
    673.7 KB · Views: 37
Finally I got home. Now I can continue testing the translation. What changes have occurred, what needs to be translated? I saw that there is an incorrect description in the language settings...

In "common.ini", for "Reinit_Language", the English version says:
Code:
Switching language can only be done immediately after launch, BEFORE loading or starting a game. Otherwise the game will crash to desktop.
The Russian version says:
Code:
Если вы хотите загрузить игру, сохраненную с другими языковыми параметрами, Вам нужно переключиться на нужный язык ещё раз после загрузки.

There are some new lines in "interface_strings.txt". Lines 2329, 2330: "Teniente" is a guess, "Electress" needs to be translated.

I've attached my current versions of both "common.ini" and "interface_strings.txt".

Attachments

• common.ini
    86.1 KB · Views: 34
  • interface_strings.txt
    135 KB · Views: 33
In "common.ini", for "Reinit_Language", the English version says:
Code:
Switching language can only be done immediately after launch, BEFORE loading or starting a game. Otherwise the game will crash to desktop.
The Russian version says:
Code:
Если вы хотите загрузить игру, сохраненную с другими языковыми параметрами, Вам нужно переключиться на нужный язык ещё раз после загрузки.

There are some new lines in "interface_strings.txt". Lines 2329, 2330: "Teniente" is a guess, "Electress" needs to be translated.

I've attached my current versions of both "common.ini" and "interface_strings.txt".

Attachments

• common.ini
    86.2 KB · Views: 52
  • interface_strings.txt
    135 KB · Views: 69
Your "common.ini" is missing some other corrections.
Line 1676: "dstring" should be "string"
Line 1843: "Governor" should be "GovernorUS" to distinguish it from "governor" in "common.ini". The version in "interface_strings.txt" is an American rank title and should be "Governor" in Cyrillic letters, not a Russian translation of "governor".
Line 1850: "Governor_F" should be "GovernorUS_F"

I've copied your translation of "Reinit_Language" into my version of "common.ini" - thanks! :cheers

1) Mahala - The woman in Santiago who tells stories is not translated.
2) In Santo Domingo, the residence does not have its own name, only the city.
3) In the temple, some Indians did not attack me, but simply approached me. After killing them, a bow and a tomahawk fell from them, but for some reason they did not use it.
I would also like to test version 2 of breaking into the residence at night, but I do not have a lockpick and poisoned knives. Is there any way to get them quickly?

Attachments

• 23423234.png
    23423234.png
    854.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 3453453.png
    3453453.png
    830.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 3535443.png
    3535443.png
    1,021.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
1: Indeed it is not translated. It's in "characters_names.txt" but the entry in "PROGRAM\Characters\init\cuba.c" does not use 'TranslateString' for this character. Try this version - you'll need to start a new game for it to take effect.
2: Check "interface_strings.txt". It should be fully translated; I can see entries for both "#stown_name# townhall" and "#stown_name# townhall.", and those are the label names used in "PROGRAM\Locations\init\Hispaniola.c" for "Santo_Domingo_townhall" and the reload locator linking to it.
3: Did you save game inside the temple and then reload? I haven't seen that happen inside the temple but I did see it if I saved game outside the temple and then reloaded. So I tend to save game in the jungle just before going to the temple outside location, and again inside the temple after I've got the rug and I'm at the exit.

The attached "console.c" should give you a lockpick and 5 throwing knives - you should only need 2 but a few spares may be useful. Save game before throwing them - sometimes the target knows who threw the knife, at which point all the guards will attack you. The ideal place to throw them is part way between the tavern and the residence. If the alarm sounds, run into the tavern, then leave again. The guards will be back to normal but the one you hit is still poisoned and will eventually drop dead.

Attachments

• cuba.c
    66 KB · Views: 39
  • console.c
    35.3 KB · Views: 38
3: Did you save game inside the temple and then reload? I haven't seen that happen inside the temple but I did see it if I saved game outside the temple and then reloaded. So I tend to save game in the jungle just before going to the temple outside location, and again inside the temple after I've got the rug and I'm at the exit.
Yes, most likely I saved in the temple and reload.
The attached "console.c" should give you a lockpick and 5 throwing knives - you should only need 2 but a few spares may be useful. Save game before throwing them - sometimes the target knows who threw the knife, at which point all the guards will attack you. The ideal place to throw them is part way between the tavern and the residence. If the alarm sounds, run into the tavern, then leave again. The guards will be back to normal but the one you hit is still poisoned and will eventually drop dead.
Thanks!

1) In the passage it is written that you need to talk to the guard after leaving the store, he does not want to talk. According to the idea, he should tell me line 41 and I will answer him 42 in the guard_dialog.h file. Maybe you need to make it so that he comes up after leaving the store?
2) For females, the male inquisitor skin is used.
3)The hotel has not translated some doors: Private ; Room 1; Room 2; Room 3; Room 4

Attachments

• 43534.png
    43534.png
    967.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 3453534.png
    3453534.png
    981.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 3424323.png
    3424323.png
    699.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 24243.png
    24243.png
    930 KB · Views: 35
  • 2423.png
    2423.png
    674.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
1: Indeed the guard should talk to you when you leave the store, and always has done when I play the story.
2: No, that is Lucia's personal "Animist" variant. It should have its sex set to "woman". She'll use it again later in the story when she is an officer, and you can check then if she is still female - check her reputation. (If you play as Helen, you will meet Edmundo instead of Lucia. He has his own personal "Animist" variant too.)
3: I've changed "Private" to "Private room" to avoid confusion with any other privates. Attached are "PROGRAM\Locations\init\SideQuestLocations.c" and English "interface_strings.txt" with "Room 1", "Room 2", "Room 3", "Room 4", "Private room" and "Attic" added from line 2236 onwards. "Private room" will only work when you start a new game. (It's private! You don't need to go there for the storyline.)

Attachments

• SideQuestLocations.c
    36.4 KB · Views: 32
  • interface_strings.txt
    133.6 KB · Views: 34
1: Indeed the guard should talk to you when you leave the store, and always has done when I play the story.
In my case, he didn't say anything after leaving the store. I added a save in Lucia's bedroom. How to load the save, always choose the first option when talking with Lucia. Could the monkey influence this conversation?
2: No, that is Lucia's personal "Animist" variant. It should have its sex set to "woman". She'll use it again later in the story when she is an officer, and you can check then if she is still female - check her reputation. (If you play as Helen, you will meet Edmundo instead of Lucia. He has his own personal "Animist" variant too.)
I'm playing as Charles Ardent and the character model is supposed to be female, but here it looks like a male.

"Private room" - Is this a privacy room or is this the hostess' room?

Attachments

• -=Тест=- Куба.7z
    614.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Could the monkey influence this conversation?
Yes, that could be it. However, even if you can't see the guard's dialog, the next part of the quest should have triggered. See what happens if you go to the port.

I'm playing as Charles Ardent and the character model is supposed to be female, but here it looks like a male.
All these cloaked models are based on the original red cloak model, which you'll see in the "Strange Things Going On in the Caribbean" sidequest, and which is also used by the Inquisitor. From that was developed "AnimistsE", used by Estrella in disguise, which you'll see in the "Help the Lady" sidequest. This is the red "Animist" model changed from red to dark blue, with a woman's face under the hood. Lucia's model is "AnimistsE" with Lucia's face.

They're all loose-fitting cloaks. You can't see the body shape - that's the whole point of the disguise! The only visible difference between male and female cloak models is that males usually have beards, females never do.

"Private room" - Is this a privacy room or is this the hostess' room?
No idea. @Jack Rackham, do you know the answer to this?

Where is that private room? I have searched through WR and GB location files but found nothing there.

Yes, that could be it. However, even if you can't see the guard's dialog, the next part of the quest should have triggered. See what happens if you go to the port.
All other replicas work: near the church, the tailor, the port gate and I can continue the quest. Only after leaving the store does he refuse to speak to me.

Line 308 in romance_dialog.h is the same for Lucia and for my character and he also writes that he will be a good wife. Only the names at the end are different.

Attachments

• 1693503029690.png
    1693503029690.png
    732 KB · Views: 26
I must have added the line about being a good wife later, and forgot to change the line number for the answer. And it will not work if you're playing as Helen Ardent because the line takes no account of whether you are talking to your wife Lucia or your husband Edmundo!

On line 308, change the translated word for "wife" into "#sspouse#". Then try this version of "romance_dialog.c". It should use 'XI_ConvertString' to translate "wife" or "husband" from "common.ini". And your answer should now be from line 309 of "romance_dialog.h".

Attachments

• romance_dialog.c
    68.6 KB · Views: 37
1)The word Indian is not translated: Indian 1; Indian 2; Indian 3; Indian 4; Indian 5; Indian 6.
2)Monsieur - Not translated. villain_dialog.h - 39-40 line and 42; 44.

Attachments

• 23442.png
    23442.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • 244224.png
    244224.png
    747.6 KB · Views: 33
Back