• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A Family' Story

I found this 3D Model. I'll test it at home.
napoleonic_flag.jpg

Maybe there's hope after all. I made a quick experiment and succeeded with adding a piece of cloth to a character.
The cloth has double-sided texture so we'll see...

Which texture are we talking about in the game?

Ok you found the eagle!
flag.jpg

Wait, wait, wait... :woot

You think a soldier could carry the flag?
0662rocket_troop_parade2.jpg
Admittedly this flag isn't quite as large, but then neither is the carrier. :D

The soldier carrying the flag was the standard bearer. It was his job to protect the regimental colours at all costs, including his own life. It was a major disgrace to the regiment if the enemy captured the colours.

Hi @Jack Rackham,

Here's the 3D model. I noted some small problems with the textures. I'll try to fix if possible. Meanwhile, you can test this model to know how it works.

Attachments

• Napoleonic Flag.png
    Napoleonic Flag.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 255
  • NFlag.zip
    501 KB · Views: 184
I tried to add it to a french soldier and it looked good for 10 seconds then the game crashes.

Already in the TOOL/Cycle Animations the model with the flag gets very very slow. So something is too heavy here I guess.

Last edited:
New attempt. The model works but has too large flag, too thick pole and mysterious way it's fastened to the soldier.
Those 3 issues may be fixed. But it's too bright shiny, like a location without proper .COL files.
Nap_Flag.jpg
Maybe like a weapon next then..?

The other problem is that it doesn't look like a flag. It's rigid, like a board. Didn't you have a flagpole with a flag somewhere in "Woodes Rogers"? Would it be possible to attach that to a soldier?

@Bartolomeu o Portugues: does the actual flag need to be there for some quest purpose, or would it be acceptable to just have the eagle? That Wikipedia article about the Imperial Eagle implies that, at least in battle, French soldiers would carry the eagle without a flag.

Here's a clip from "Sharpe's Eagle":
Watch at 0:25, 0:59 and 1:21, where you'll see the Eagle without a flag.

(Wargames models probably need the flag so the player can easily see which unit he's about to move. You don't want to move the 3rd Regiment when you're supposed to be moving the 2nd Regiment. xD)

Didn't you have a flagpole with a flag somewhere in "Woodes Rogers"?
Yes but that's an ordinary "town" flag and pole.

To use only the eagle is a very good idea but I tested it and the game crashes. And even without the pole (just the egale) it crashes.
So it's the eagle model. Maybe though if it could be treated as a weapon.

Ok I made a quick test with the eagle as a blade. The game didn't crash but the eagle disappeared after some seconds.

Back