• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Adding More Music

My music editing skills aren't the best; not sure if I could make that work out properly.
So... you couldn't chop off part of the beginning and end of the track? But you CAN chop off part of the end? o_O
I know I said "loop" in my original suggestion, but ignore that part.

Well.. as I said I really really like the compositions of Hans Zimmer.. so splitting them is a bit of a cruelty for me :D but, this is just my opinion and I understand if players don't want to hear the full track-length ;) so it's up to you ;) For me, I leave my files just as they are :p

I think I can edit music quite good, I had some experiences with recording music ;) But that could take time^^

So... you couldn't chop off part of the beginning and end of the track? But you CAN chop off part of the end? o_O
I know I said "loop" in my original suggestion, but ignore that part.
I can do all sorts, I'm just not overly good at it. Plus I was hard at work getting pissed off at how hard it is to figure out those beta 3 installer issues.
Anyway, how's this? Cut off the beginning as per your suggestion and ended it early too, making it smoother, even if it is still not perfect.

Well.. as I said I really really like the compositions of Hans Zimmer.. so splitting them is a bit of a cruelty for me :D but, this is just my opinion and I understand if players don't want to hear the full track-length ;) so it's up to you ;)
I do quite like the whole track. But we already thought the new victory music was too long at 20 seconds. So I had to cut that down too. Hear attached. :facepalm

Attachments

• Sailing02.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
  • Ship_victory02.zip
    146.3 KB · Views: 75
I can do all sorts, I'm just not overly good at it. Plus I was hard at work getting pissed off at how hard it is to figure out those beta 3 installer issues.
Anyway, how's this? Cut off the beginning as per your suggestion and ended it early too, making it smoother, even if it is still not perfect.
That does sound better, to me. :onya

Do we need to lose those opening 17 seconds? Does make sense to lose the victory music part; that was admittedly weird, even if I did like it.
How about that shortened Ship Victory? That works for you now?

Extract attached to PROGRAM\sound\ALIAS to fix various errors that were in there before.
Haven't removed any of the above discussed tracks yet, but it's better than what is in WIP 18.

Attachments

• music_standard.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 83
Do we need to lose those opening 17 seconds?
Not necessarily. Originally I was thinking of how it would affect looping the track, but of course that doesn't happen, so no need to worry about that.

Of course now I already removed it.
Oh well, I'll see about redoing it once I'm done with the Beta 3 installation process and I can go back to doing actual modding.

Well, I've just done a fair bit of work on this. Removed tracks as previously discussed and split various longer tracks we do like so you get to hear the latter halves too.
Shame that France now has only one town music track. I was wondering if perhaps French_Governor2.ogg from Cutthroat Island could be used as town music instead?
Anyway, I'll be posting the changes soon and I'd welcome feedback for further improvements, of course. :doff

if you want, I can post one or two files for france here, I have some good tracks for it from Port Royale. AND I still think that the store/shipyard music should have 1-2 trakc smore because the 1 track at the moment is a bit annoying^^

Indeed I've gotten tired of that store music too. If you've got 1-2 good ones from Port Royale for that, it'd be quite welcome. :doff

http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/TEMP/music.zip
I included all tracks from Port Royale.. they are rather short, so I recommend to add a loop for them (I can do that if you wish, but I'm afraid I can't do that before the next weekend)
"Frankreich1-8" are the tracks for france-towns and store 1&2 are for the store(logically :p) track1 should be well-known from PotC-Movies and track2 is also from Port Royale.. feel free to edit/remove/include them ;)

Just played for a while and the only thing I don't like is the Spanish town music. But that is taken care of now so now to just play for a while.

Yup, I removed the newly added track and split the older track into three separate ones for a bit of added variety.

I'm assuming since nobody posted here recently, everyone is OK with the state of the music tracks in the latest Beta 3 test version?

I have no further complaints. Even if I do run into some tracks I'm not sure about, I really can't be bothered to argue against them again. :p

Are there any left that are THAT bad? :shock

I did notice the installer messed up some of the music selection by removing the new French town music and the Cutthroat Island sea battle track files. Oopsey.
Will be fixed with the next update I post. And I also tracked down some old, uncompressed sail textures that I'm adding back in.

Back