• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Adding More Music

It's not that bad. The most time consuming part of installing these little updates is deleting the bad music. No music is better than bad music.

I also play with no music in GOF2.

What bad music is there left? I thought I got rid of most ones you mentioned not being overly fond of. o_O

It's personal preference, but I replace the Spanish town and some of the storm and sailing music.

That brings up another question. I replace tracks with other in game tracks but most of them do not play after being renamed.

Also, what language is being sung in the main theme? Russian?

It's personal preference, but I replace the Spanish town and some of the storm and sailing music.
But I already restored that to the old town music; the new one isn't there anymore. :confused:

That brings up another question. I replace tracks with other in game tracks but most of them do not play after being renamed.
Are you changing the alias file or renaming the actual music files?
Alias changes apparently require a new game :facepalm
For changing music files, make a copy instead instead? :shrug

Also, what language is being sung in the main theme? Russian?
Probably. Music written by Yuri Poteyenko.

It would be nice to have some music schemes that come with the Build mod.

I can think of a few:

1. "Standard" - what it comes with now.
2. "Pirates of the Caribbean" - a medley of all the music from the films (I think this is already available on the ModDB page)
3. "Master & Commander" - the music from the film
4. "Cutthroat Island"
5. "Stock" - all the original game's music (nostalgic for me at least)

I might have a go at creating this when I have some free time next week!

The only thing is, that if we create them as additional packs as seperate download, you need a new game to let them work. But if we include them all in the full mod, we are causing a much bigger filesize^^

We've got a bunch of music packs as it is, but their code needs to be updated for Build 14 Beta 3.

Perhaps some time I can look at that music initialization stuff, but not before Capture Colonies is over and done with.

A music-reinitialization would be awesome, we could make nearly infinite music-packs :D But I agree, CC is more important

It used to work. Not sure when we lost that ability. Haven't used a music pack in years.

Is there anyone who would be willing to adapt the old music packs to the new system so that they'll work with Beta 3?

Where's Legendary_Spider when you need him? :rumgone

He's around on Facebook, usually. Not always in the best of moods though....

Well, I'll mark this as "Solved" as far as Beta 3 is concerned. I still hope someone will be willing to update the music packs at some point though.
But that can be done after Beta 3 is released.

Ayup! On my system movie music sounds like a 1960s 8 track tape with a dirty head. Loads of bass and no treble and a generally muddy sound.

You can have both actually this one is the one iv been sampling and its quite good,most are of obscure films on irish and sea themes but very apt believe me. Anyway im sure u can find them or buy them somewhere if not let me know how i can send them.I'll pass them to ogg format. The album has the score of TNT's treasure island is suppose that is chuck heston and kid christian bale's movie of 1990. http://www.amazon.com/Reel-Music-The-Film-Scores-Chieftains/dp/B000026HJM If u need some spanish or portuguese music that i can find/send too and some renaissance/baroque(1500's to 1700) music iv got. There is a lot we can do for future versions and for hearts if oak. Let's also work on colombia and denmark as nations proper in the carribean. Portugal had little influence in the Carib as signing the treaty of Tordesilla and Zaragoza with Spain and the Papacy they vowed not to interfere in the region and concentrate on Brazil and Africa and the far east. However Portugal did trade with the carib and some Portuguese did settle in Curacao and near islands.Portugal was a friend of England from the late 1600's to the 1900's and probably traded with Britain. Another idea for future version would be to add an island archipelago and call it the Azores and make it the furthest island on the map and quite a long way to get to,maybe with code added. Cartagena was indie from 1809 till founding of Colombia in the 1830's,Haiti too from 1793. Maybe having some faction generalised as Carribean rebels or Bolivarian rebels can encompass all of those.Imagine the new ship types,variants and some new story lines.Denmark owned the now US virgin islands and capital St Thomas from the mid 1600's to the 1920's so it's a real presence in the area.This could appeal to nordic and germanic players and make for interesting story lines. Yes it would be hard work and all a challenge but imagine the fun and if we could do it. Im willing to help.Let me know?

Yes this is the music from the film "treasure island"tnt production with chuck heston and little Christian bale from 1990 the soundtrack all from chieftains i was writing here about
an idea just download from youtube and convert to ogg the sound seems quite good on that anyway and include in game.

Back