• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Advanced Interface and Flags Code (and much more)

No Dialogue.pngWeird Woman.png
No Dialogue.png
Weird Woman.png
Thanks for confirming that! :cheers
It'll be back. Have to find and fix some stuff first though.

Which dialog is that? Will need looking at.

This dialogue. There are about 3-4 citizens in Grand Cayman who have no dialogue. They also walk funny a couple kind of glide as if on rails and there is the weird woman with the odd arm movements.

The two photos posted above.

Thanks; I made a note to check those Cayman citizen dialogs.

In the meantime, I've found the code responsible for making Philipsburg disappear.
I don't know WHY it does that yet, but I am excluding it from the next modpack update to see if things work better.

You saw the weird lady, yes.

Also found Phillipburg fine. War is still going on. Everyone in the right uniforms Picture attached of the Dutch. However, all soldiers seem to have glitch in weapons. They all have the "national" blade Dutch average Solingen Rapier, French average baledere (kind of unbalanced don't you think. The French blade that compares is the admiralty sword) and a all soldiers also have a cutlass and that is a new phenomenon. Never seen before.

Let me know what else you need.

Attachments

• The Dutch on St Martin..png
    The Dutch on St Martin..png
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
You saw the weird lady, yes.

Also found Phillipburg fine. War is still going on. Everyone in the right uniforms Picture attached of the Dutch. However, all soldiers seem to have glitch in weapons. They all have the "national" blade Dutch average Solingen Rapier, French average baledere (kind of unbalanced don't you think. The French blade that compares is the admiralty sword) and a all soldiers also have a cutlass and that is a new phenomenon. Never seen before.

Let me know what else you need.

The weapons used depend on the time period and yes the French soldiers are outclassed in the time period you are in. In an earlier period the French soldiers use a very good sword. Yes, I don't know why the soldiers also carry a cutlass.

Probably the period weapons mod isn't working entire right. I've made a note on the To-Do list.

Build 14 Beta 3 WIP 12/15 Hybrid Test Version 2

Download: http://piratesahoy.net/build/wip/b14_beta3_wip12_hybrid2.exe (84.4 MB)
Installation: Extract on top of Build 14 Beta 3 WIP 12 AND DELETE YOUR "options" FILE!!
New game: Required

Unless I am very much mistaken, this version should fix just about every major problem introduced in WIP 15 and still have all the important new content.
Please let me know if this is not the case. Will make a new proper installer for in the main post once it is confirmed this works properly-like.

Ahoy,

I am playing the latest hybrid which seems to be working well. I have noticed some things which I think might be intentional.

First I am in 1750 and there don't seem to be any Venetian Navy Cutlasses Available. They have recently been available in this period.

Second when I got a LOM and then immediately addressed the Gov. again I was promoted to midshipman without doing anything.

Third when promoted I the baby faced uniform and when I changed back to my original character image it changed on the Character screen and the thumbnail but the walking around image was still in the midshipman's uniform.

:keith

Which storyline is that? On Master & Commander and Jean Lafitte, you start out with already 30 points for England and America respectively.
This results in a few free promotions to start out with to simulate your friendliness with those nations.

I am in the main story line. See screen shot below on the confused outfit. Note difference b/w thumbnail and main image.

Attachments

• confused unifrom.png
    confused unifrom.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
That is actually correct as per the code. "Blaze" has his own promotion uniform; if you get round to seeing your face, you should notice it is still you.
Therefore you keep your own portrait file.

Excellent, is that new?

Now another question. In my first boarding I noticed all my boarders look like Blaze. I used to have that set so there were random. I know it is internal settings but I don't remember how to change it.

Also the captain I killed was not lootable. Auto looting is off. We have been used to some Capts ( it seemed random) not being lootable and I wonder if anything has changed.

And Flags are FU. After capturing a pirate frigate, I sailed in to Port Royal and was immediately engaged by two Pirate ships. They showed as pirates in the telescope and acted like pirates vis a vis me but one was flying a British merchant flag.

Blaze only gets the promotion uniform for Midshipman right?

Attachments

• fLAGS.png
    fLAGS.png
    999.2 KB · Views: 78
Excellent, is that new?
No, it's not; we've had it like that for a looong time.

Now another question. In my first boarding I noticed all my boarders look like Blaze. I used to have that set so there were random. I know it is internal settings but I don't remember how to change it.
Did you change any of the default settings on this? That was after your promotion? I was afraid that might end messed up; code wasn't adjusted properly.

Also the captain I killed was not lootable. Auto looting is off. We have been used to some Capts ( it seemed random) not being lootable and I wonder if anything has changed.
It is on the To-Do list, but nothing has been done. Too many worse problems to tackle.

And Flags are FU. After capturing a pirate frigate, I sailed in to Port Royal and was immediately engaged by two Pirate ships. They showed as pirates in the telescope and acted like pirates vis a vis me but one was flying a British merchant flag.
Ugh? If that happens again, try to find out how or when. The Different Flags mod is a difficult beast. :modding

Blaze only gets the promotion uniform for Midshipman right?
Also Lieutenant, Captain, Commodore and Admiral. All special Nathaniel Hawk versions too.

Select Storyline Interface Update: Testing Help and Comments Needed!!!

I have just done some work to get the updated Select Storyline closer to a "release" version. See attached for the test files.

Changes Made:
- Ensure the Ship Selection works properly even AFTER using Character Selection first
- Remove ship selection filters that didn't work
- Vastly reduce the amount of named models in initModels.c to make the "Named" selection a useful one for quick model-choosing
- If cheatmode is ON, you can now select from ALL ships in the game (to reduce the amount of questions on "how do I get this ship" :razz )
- Add a help string at the bottom of the screen to indicate the type of storyline and the amount of customization. See screenshot:

SelectStorylineHelpString.jpg

ALL Texts Used:
- "Click anything to customize your character"
- "Free Play ONLY, click anything to customize your character"
- "Scripted storyline opening, click anything to customize your character"
- "Scripted storyline, various customize options locked"
- "Storyline NOT intended for Free Play, ALL customize options locked"

So is there anything here that still doesn't look right or work right? In other words: What still needs doing to be able to call this "finished"?
For example, can you still select Tier 1 ships somehow if the Cheatmode is OFF? And if so, HOW do you do that? I've had a quick try myself, but couldn't make that happen.

Attachments

• select_storyline.zip
    143 KB · Views: 75
Back