• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Advanced Interface and Flags Code (and much more)

UGH. I already found two new errors:
- Tortuga accidentally became PIRATE again: easily fixed to FRANCE
- Player pirate flag from Select Storyline isn't working right; WHY???? :modding

UGH. I already found two new errors:
- Tortuga accidentally became PIRATE again: easily fixed to FRANCE
- Player pirate flag from Select Storyline isn't working right; WHY???? :modding
Ah, THAT's why. Fix for both attached to opening post. Additional stuff included:
- Updated Citizen Dialog files
- Vanderdecken sells fort cannons

And just for fun, some screenshots of some recently changed stuff you can actually SEE! :cheeky
IslandIcons.jpg MapTooltip.jpg ShipyardCrest.jpg

Oh... and let me know if you see more Jack Sparrow pirate flags in the game than there should be.
Pay special attention to forts and shore locations. My temporary fix might have that effect. :oops:

Edit: And that temporary fix is STILL not good enough. File replaced again with a better one.
But now it appears that towns and forts always show the flag of the PLAYER selected nation.
WHY? They should be looking to their fort commander or something! :modding

Edit 2: Yep, I broke it somehow. It was NOT linked to the player in WIP 13.
Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow? Fighting with those accursed flags, of course. AGAIN! :8q

Edit 2: Yep, I broke it somehow. It was NOT linked to the player in WIP 13.
Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow? Fighting with those accursed flags, of course. AGAIN! :8q
Well, that wasn't so strange. File updated with the proper fix this time. I do believe those pirate fort flags should behave themselves now! :whipa

I get an CTD after a few seconds in tortuga. Also, as soon as I enter tortuga, my game gives me the famous no-profile-selected error.
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: characters\characterUtilite.c; line: 4202
missed attribute: height
RUNTIME ERROR - file: characters\characterUtilite.c; line: 4202
no rAP data

EDIT: The no-profile error was my own fault

I'm having a lot of those "height" errors too. But WIP 13 didn't have those, did it? :confused:

I'm afraid I can't say that.. I didn't played WIP13 that much :facepalm
on Port Royale Port, when I want to moor it says "#port_name Port". But the town works fine :shrug

I'm afraid I can't say that.. I didn't played WIP13 that much :facepalm
I've just started the Jack Sparrow storyline and been wandering around port quite happily.
Made some changes to the citizen dialog files there while I was at it. No crash though.
Could you try it in the Jack Sparrow storyline opening too?

on Port Royale Port, when I want to moor it says "#port_name Port". But the town works fine :shrug
Indeed I have to see about returning some WIP 12 code for that. It does that for every town, apparently.

Just so people know, I managed to get a lot of things working properly again today. For example:
- Town names in Sail-To Menu
- Sail-To enabled again in Arcade Game Mode
- Double "To Sea" icon on your ship's deck removed
- Select Storyline location display names now show properly, regardless of loaded period
- STANDARD storyline starting location updates correctly if you select a different nation to indicate the different starting location you get then
- Select Storyline difficulty read properly from storyline file
- Display of nation royalty
- Receiving a LoM
- Strong Soldiers now depending on difficulty
- Additional call to "SL_Utils.c" found and removed to ensure it is REALLY being treated like the two QUESTS files
- La Croix storyline starting error message (only appeared in compile.log, but still no good)
- "Floating object" error messages (only appeared in compile.log, but still no good)

Also, it appears that all starting skills being zero is NOT intentional, so tomorrow I'll see if I can rectify that too.

Not yet. Didn't have time to compile the stuff today. Will try some time tomorrow, after I fixed a few more things.
Actually, I suppose I could put the code files together at least. Stand by....

Done. See attachment on opening post. :doff

Note that a few required textures are not included, but that should cause no issues as long as you DO use the Build Default sails option.

Edit: Hum, looks like I still managed to mess up on those town names.
Haven't figured out how to fix it properly yet. Close, but no cigar. :facepalm

Ugh, those town names are PROPER confused. They've got some sort of weird loop going on where the name is based on the previous name.
So that messes things up when you start a New Game without closing the game. Still have to figure that one out.
Seems to be fine for islands. :facepalm

Oo found two bugs:
1. If you switch from realistic to arcade game mode, the set-sail delay seems to be confused. If I press S only one time (or W) it always sets 2 steps. So from all sails stroke -> 1x W -> Full sails. I can still switch to Battle Sails with the command menu.
EDIT: This seems not to be a bug caused by the set-sail delay. I tested it with a new game and didn't change the realism settings during game and it appeared though. If I reset the controls, it works again.

2. The dialog-file for the surrendered captains doesnt work anymore.

Oo found two bugs:
1. If you switch from realistic to arcade game mode, the set-sail delay seems to be confused. If I press S only one time (or W) it always sets 2 steps. So from all sails stroke -> 1x W -> Full sails. I can still switch to Battle Sails with the command menu.
EDIT: This seems not to be a bug caused by the set-sail delay. I tested it with a new game and didn't change the realism settings during game and it appeared though. If I reset the controls, it works again.
Oh? Strange. Anyway, that's a non-issue then, right?

2. The dialog-file for the surrendered captains doesnt work anymore.
Anything in error.log?

Oh? Strange. Anyway, that's a non-issue then, right?

Well, it occurs ca. every 5 minutes, its quite annyoing, because I have to set my own controls new every time :mad:

Anything in error.log?

Nothing that can be related to this error... I also looked into the dialog-files, but they seem all normal :shrug

Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: sea_ai\sea.c; line: 580
missed attribute: storm
RUNTIME ERROR - file: sea_ai\sea.c; line: 580
no rAP data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: sea_ai\sea.c; line: 581
missed attribute: tornado
RUNTIME ERROR - file: sea_ai\sea.c; line: 581
no rAP data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 720
Save - ARef to non existing attributes branch
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 720
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 725
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 725
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 736
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 736
RUNTIME ERROR - file: characters\characterUtilite.c; line: 4203
missed attribute: height
RUNTIME ERROR - file: characters\characterUtilite.c; line: 4203
no rAP data
Thats my whole error.log ... The last two are related to my tortuga-crash, which still occurs..
For tortuga I have an idea what might be wrong: You said that the new model-code and the game doesn't like each other that much.. could it be that one of my created citizens could have a trouble-making model?

Have you tried removing your "options" file yet? Maybe that helps?
I don't think there is any particular reason for controls getting messed up.

I don't think it is your citizens that causes the problem. When I wandered around, I was testing them and never got any error message.
Also, I still can't seem to consistently generate that "missed attribute: height" problem. It happens seemingly randomly. And I DON'T LIKE RANDOM! :whipa

Could be my options-file...

I just noticed that it crashes when the random citizens start hitting each other.. Idk, but maybe it is because the dont have weapons anymore?

Indeed I did seem to notice they don't have weapons. Very strange.
Didn't they USED to have them? :shock

Back